Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Good or bad?

Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is probably the best hand he has here, and I wouldn't be surprised to see much worse, but meh. I still raise the flop anyway, because at an $11 he will still call with an ace you have smashed.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:21 PM

I'd raise it on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
2-pair shouldn't be leading this strong (or at all) having flopped 2-pair/set - ESPECIALLY with the Ace and an EP limper in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sb has got 2 pair, I think he should lead out and bet. An ace is most likely going to raise - and then sb moves in.

EDIT: Didn't look at sb's stack size. He should obviously try to check-raise
Old 12-02-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2-pair shouldn't be leading this strong (or at all) having flopped 2-pair/set - ESPECIALLY with the Ace and an EP limper in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the sb has got 2 pair, I think he should lead out and bet. An ace is most likely going to raise - and then sb moves in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. But not >3/4th pot. He gains nothing from any other limped, non-Ace hand. A weak 'I have a piece here...how bout you guys?' lead could be effective.

Letting EP represent the Ace vs. the non-raising blinds is superior.

SB is not much of a concern. How about UTG?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:25 AM

I don't see how playing in a way that is focused on being worried about a 2 pair could possibly be the best way of thinking about this. AJ is a very strong hand here. This is a nice flop for it, with little in the way of draws.

If you raise because you think a fish will call you down with a worse hand, that's one thing. But if you raise because you're worried about being beaten by a better hand, that's an unreasonable worry. If these were deep stacks, that would be another story. But here, with 150 in the pot, if hero raises, and gets reraised, he'll be getting something like 4 to 1 odds to call. How could he possibly fold that?

So here you need to assume your ahead, and commit to the hand. If you get beat, that's just the breaks. The only question to consider is how to get the most money in the pot.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how playing in a way that is focused on being worried about a 2 pair could possibly be the best way of thinking about this. AJ is a very strong hand here. This is a nice flop for it, with little in the way of draws.

If you raise because you think a fish will call you down with a worse hand, that's one thing. But if you raise because you're worried about being beaten by a better hand, that's an unreasonable worry. If these were deep stacks, that would be another story. But here, with 150 in the pot, if hero raises, and gets reraised, he'll be getting something like 4 to 1 odds to call. How could he possibly fold that?

So here you need to assume your ahead, and commit to the hand. If you get beat, that's just the breaks. The only question to consider is how to get the most money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'd call, bring EP along possibly - drop the hammer on the turn with or without the blind's lead (hopefully with).