Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Answer me this... at 1/2 - 3/6 6-max...

I don't limp A7o utg. It looks ugly to me.

The people with whom I discuss 6max primarily (they play it well at 3-6 and 5-10 mostly) generally recommend to never limp first-in preflop.

Then again I dont think check-calling on the flop is very beautiful. Both these things sound very passive to me. I would fold A7o pf utg and maybe raise it from the button if first in.

Now I'll go on and read the other responses. Interesting topic.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Answer me this... at 1/2 - 3/6 6-max...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't limp A7o utg. It looks ugly to me.

The people with whom I discuss 6max primarily (they play it well at 3-6 and 5-10 mostly) generally recommend to never limp first-in preflop.

Then again I dont think check-calling on the flop is very beautiful. Both these things sound very passive to me. I would fold A7o pf utg and maybe raise it from the button if first in.

Now I'll go on and read the other responses. Interesting topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

A7o is a great hand. It has a 7 and an ace, either which is probably good when I hit a pair. If I don't hit a pair I'm calling the flop because I could get lucky on the turn.

When that king comes out I think "I wish I had a king." Sometimes, if I'm feeling really smart, I'll fold after checking on the turn. If the button bets, he probably has ace king. But most times I call the turn and I probably call the river even if I don't hit an ace. After all, I have a pair of 7s, and I find I often win with a pair. Even if I don't win, I'm kind of curious to see what my opponent has!