Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Thunderbird help

When I reply to an email in Thunderbird it puts my reply and signature on the bottom. I want it on top. Pretty simple but I can't figure out how to do it.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Thunderbird help

Under Tools > Account Settings: Select the account you wish and then, Composition & Addressing. Check the "Auotmatically quote the original..." and select "Start my reply above the quote". I don't use a sig but the next field should allow you to place your sig where you'd like.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:28 PM

Hijack (but you got your answer, so I guess I doesn't really matter, now.)

Is Thunderbird worth the download? I considered it because I use Firefox, but I hadn't heard much about it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:10 PM

I switched to thunderbird from Outlook 2000 about a year ago. It works pretty well. Definitely some nice features compared to the old verision of Outlook, and I think it's far superior to Outlook express.

But there is the issue of having no integrated calendar. And then there is personal preference since email is such a personal thing.

I hear Thunderbird is releasing a new version shortly, so If you were considering switching I'd recommend waiting until the new version is released (I haven't checked the mozilla website in a week or so, so I'm not sure when that will be).
Old 12-01-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is Thunderbird worth the download? I considered it because I use Firefox, but I hadn't heard much about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I switched from Outlook to Thunderbird, and then 10 months later switched back to Outlook. For all it's problems, if you want to implement any third party app you are usually stuck with Outlook. Also a big let down was that Thunderbird doesn't have a calendar built in.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Astro told me Thunderbird is better for IMAP email servers and Outlook is better for POP3. I have no idea why or what that means, but I believe him.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Evan,

IMAP servers keep the emails on the server and your client connects to it and gets the info. THunderbird does this well, and I use it with no complaints.

POP3 you actually download the messages from the server to your computer. I guess Outlook is better at this than thunderbird , can't say from experience...

peanut butter jelly time indeed,
Asofel