Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: I was the person who pushed and my thoughts....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend said it was horrible but I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with your friend.

[ QUOTE ]
So i could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

why i call.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the opponent is a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

an overpair isn't unbeatable when 239080932 people see a flop. stacks are deep. so this wasn't one of your better posts.

I was the player who thought this play was bad, but he didn't completely mention how deep the stacks were. This seems like one of those spots you get by feel, like when you fire a second or third barrel OOP, etc.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why i call.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

an overpair isn't unbeatable when 239080932 people see a flop. stacks are deep. so this wasn't one of your better posts.

I was the player who thought this play was bad, but he didn't completely mention how deep the stacks were. This seems like one of those spots you get by feel, like when you fire a second or third barrel OOP, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a tough tough call and you know this. While it may not be great, i think your right it is based on feel and i was 90% he would muck based on our hands together. We had avoided confrontation until then...
Old 11-22-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of these tight minraisers dont fold aces.

Biggest reason you can do this here is because he is scared someone outflopped him since so many saw flop.

Make it 3 people to the flop and probably doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but in the same respect i dont think i call with J8 there and i certainly doubt i would push. It would be a different scenario altogether
Old 11-22-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

why i call.

Quote:

obv not enough.

Contact Us

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i admit this wasn't great advice because for some reason i figured AA had been c/r by PRF. If i had been c/r by PRF i would call.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of rockish, and I can't see myself risking 900 to win 300. He could easily call. I guess being a sucessful. LAG takes superior reading skills to me. Well done!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of rockish, and I can't see myself risking 900 to win 300. He could easily call.

[/ QUOTE ]

your calling not him. as the action has been laid out to me, i admit i was wrong, firstly in the action and the tone of my response but given that i read it as, you are c/r by PFR what ranges of hands do you think he has? list them with preflop %!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a reverse post. I was the button who pushed.
I agree the min raise was terrible.

I had J 8 on the flop so top pair mid kicker.

But i saw this as a great spot to bluff. Given that the MP was a tight rockish thinking player i knew it would pratically impossible that he could call this with anything.

He showed AA and mucked (i love that feature on UB that you can show and muck)
I showed J8 and he went crazy.

I thought he set himself up for that by overbetting and minraising a set or two pair was just too likley.

Thoughts on the bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont play these stakes, but in my games this would be a bad bluff and an extremely easy call. Overpair, flushdraw or even TPTK is just too likely
Old 11-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: What the hell? Should I call this massive overbet with AA?

Your preflop play is horrible, make it way more and then you dont have to deal with this situation