Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-20-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: mini sweet suicide

Hey Bud,

You can't push either of these guys off a better hand with 450 more, barring the unlikely higher medium pair, which usually won't fold either. So, for this play to be right, you just have to be positive you have the best hand. Great read if you somehow were, but I'm not sure what there is to discuss in that case.

I know you said you were up against 2 donkeys, but even a donkey may realize that it's next to impossible for you to have a K or better, since you checked the flop on the button in a very multiway pot.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:48 AM

i can't say I like the play...sounds to me like you weren't getting a great read on the black guy or the russian and they sounded pretty loose. What really does it for me is the fact that they were in the blinds. When they called pre flop, the black guy was getting 3 to 1 and the russian 4 to 1 on his money, they could have called with almost anything. A-4 from the blinds doesn't seem too crazy to me.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:53 AM

awesome
Old 11-20-2005, 06:18 AM

...wow
honestly though, did you really think you were good against both these guys?...i really dont see the black guy check raising a draw here while the russian may easily have one. Was the black guy retarded along with his looseness...would he check raise a weaker hand here?... I assume the black guy has seen you playing and your image is probably pretty tight (with the stack you have at least), so i dont think he is c/r with any hand you beat. However, with your luck i'm sure you hit a black 4 on the river and scooped the pot...right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
p.s. hope the rest of the weekend went better then this hand

ZZzzZZzz
Old 11-20-2005, 06:56 AM

As for the hand... I don't have much to say. If you had the best hand... nice one.

For those that haven't seen the original... great read.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:37 AM

Default my delirious thoughts atm

azk and i just got in from an all night session, i want to talk abotu this hand a little more. but...

[ QUOTE ]

You can't push either of these guys off a better hand with 450 more, barring the unlikely higher medium pair, which usually won't fold either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for results black guy folds TT and russian guy calls me with 74o, I dont get outdrawn, and I scoop a big one.

Black guy was fairly angry at me, russian says "you got lucky" in the most sincere tone. I reply I had a pair, he had 7 high.

[ QUOTE ]
great read if you somehow were, but I'm not sure what there is to discuss in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the hand wans't as cool as it seemed to me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it boiled down i guess to i dont see black guy checking twice with top pair, i should've mentioend he had been weird aggressive, so it seemed like 5x or mid pp. I also banked on set + gutshot equity if somehow I ran into a king...
Old 11-20-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in particular, a black guy on my left, who is actually a NY Times author, who probably has VPIP in the 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it Seth? If so, I know him but haven't played poker with him. Brilliant guy. I see him calling just out of curiosity.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in particular, a black guy on my left, who is actually a NY Times author, who probably has VPIP in the 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it Seth? If so, I know him but haven't played poker with him. Brilliant guy. I see him calling just out of curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, carl weber. (is this bad forum ettiquete?)

I actually looked him up on amazon, he's written a ton of books... f'ing maniac in poker
Old 11-20-2005, 11:38 AM

I'm assuming you just took a big beat to be only sitting with $650 in that game? 'Cause avg stack is usually 10x that.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you just took a big beat to be only sitting with $650 in that game? 'Cause avg stack is usually 10x that.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i bought in 750. and avg stack isn't 6.5k, it's more like 1.5k to 2k.