Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: two kings

Were you going for a river checkraise in the first hand?

I push here, but I play nlhe $25 on the x-skins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you going for a river checkraise in the first hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. The board is 852Q2 with 3 spades. I only have 85. Any queen now beats me if I raise what am I hoping he pays me off with that he checked the flop with that I beat. No hands.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:28 PM

Ah.. I didn't see the river pairing and didn't see the turn being a spade. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Okay then.

Now for a question, why did you overbet the pot on the turn?

Edit: Because he's calling too much, right? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an awful flop for kings. This is not a hand to go broke with. I would fold. Why no reraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's imperative that you re-raise preflop here since you're OOP, do NOT get tricky with big hands OOP in NL - it's a recipe for disaster. If he folds preflop - so be it, rather than than get stacked. The situation would have to be almost perfect to get extra value from kings by trapping OOP.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because the guy's most likely hand is AK which leaves you drawing to three outs to a chop plus a remote runner runner boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are crazy. AK is not even on my radar, much less the most probable hand. its far more liley he flopped top pair decent kicker, has an underpair, or has complete air. sure the board looks semi nasty, but you cant ignore bet sizes at these stakes when hand reading
Old 11-18-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because the guy's most likely hand is AK which leaves you drawing to three outs to a chop plus a remote runner runner boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are crazy. AK is not even on my radar, much less the most probable hand. its far more liley he flopped top pair decent kicker, has an underpair, or has complete air. sure the board looks semi nasty, but you cant ignore bet sizes at these stakes when hand reading

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone really think he would bet 3x pot with the pure nuts against an opponent who has shown zero strength?

Maybe, but he has my stack if he can look into the computer and see I have KK and will pay it off.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:11 AM

All-In
Old 11-19-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All-In

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2005, 01:47 PM

moves all in. u are almost always ahead here assuming prior hand is indicative of villains skill level. my default interpretation of this donk bet is something like a weak pair plus draw or air. he likely wants u to fold or has something like 99 or A X diamonds and thinks he is playing correctly CALLING an all in.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:59 PM

At 400NL on 100BB stacks this is most often a shut out bet or heavy handed semi bluff. I would fold with AA here but I will push KK. Actually, I think I push my AA here too given the outs I have against two pair, the possibility he has a draw, the possibility, given his bet I have the best hand.