Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Screwed by EPVIP October

Like many of you, I completed the 300MATCH bonus at the end of October, also like many of you I was extended the October VIP no deposit bonus in which I was to be paid for the number of raked hands played from October 27th - November 4th. In that time I played 6120 hands which entitles me to $250. This money was supposed to be provided to me "within a week" of November 4th.

Empire VIP's response to my e-mail:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contacting customer support.

I see from your account that you played ‘Raked Hands for Bonus’ and 300MATCH Bonus at the same time.

As per the Terms and Conditions of the both promotions:

This offer cannot be clubbed along with any other deposit / signup bonus offer. All signup/deposit bonuses during the promotion period will be deducted from the player's prize money.

As you received $300 from the 300MATCH bonus you are not entitled to receive anything for this promotion. The higher bonus always overrides the lower bonus.

I sincerely hope that this has not spoilt your enjoyment of your online gaming experience with Empire Poker.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Linda
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no T&C's on the epvip website, the T&Cs in the original e-mail that I received about the bonus simply states:
[ QUOTE ]
*14. Bonuses.*
We may from time to time offer you complimentary or bonus amounts to be credited by the Company into your Account ("Bonus(es)"). Such Bonuses may only be used in the Games as may be specified when the Bonus is offered to you and acceptance of any Bonus shall be in accordance with additional terms and conditions we may make available to you in respect of each such Bonus offering, and if none, then in accordance with the applicable promotional terms and bonus release restrictions contained in the relevant offer. You are not entitled to withdraw any Bonus amounts and you may not make any cash out from your Account without first complying with the applicable terms including, without limitation, in respect of any qualifiers or restrictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No mention of simultaneous bonuses.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Screwed by EPVIP October

I'm 100% positive that it was mentioned in the email... my email at least.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 PM

Not exactly sure if this is the right way to put this link on here but we did have at least one thread going on this around October 26.

It was listed in the T&C for the No Dep Bonus that it couldn't be piggy backed with any other offers and if you even clicked through to see your offer I believe you were agreeing to those terms. I was fearful at that time for those folks doing the 300 match bonus. It now looks like that has come to pass...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post3788582
Old 11-12-2005, 02:19 PM

I got the same e-mail. What a bunch of lousy crooks.

They e-mail me offers, I take them up on it. Obviously the second offer was null & void when they sent it, because I was in the middle of the first offer - so why send me the second offer, when I wasn't eligible? They're desperate crooks now.

I just cashed out my remaining e-points at Empire and hope they honor that. I'm so angry that I spent all those hours at their ultra-tight meager tables clearing this bonus, when I could've been at Party making money. It's not only the bonus, but my win rate that suffered.

I'll never play another another hand at Empire again - why should I? A pox on their house.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Default 2nd E-mail

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your further e-mail.

I'm sorry you are disappointed and angry.

Here are the T & C's from the Free Cash promotion. These were available to you before you signed up for the promotion. The point in question is number 6:

Terms and conditions:

1. Raked hands will only be counted on real money ring game tables, not including tournaments and play money games.

2. Player will be entitled for the prize only if he has submitted this offer during the time of the promotion.”

3. This promotion is personal and is offered to you only.

4. Money will be credited into your account no later then one week after the end of this promotion.

5. Updated stats of your raked hands balance are available 24/7 (info is updated every 24 hours) at www.epvip.com/october.

6. This offer cannot be clubbed along with any other deposit / signup bonus offer. All signup/deposit bonuses during the promotion period will be deducted from the player's prize money.

7. EmpirePoker.com reserves the rights to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate any promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Best regards,

Louise
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team
www.ep.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did they continue to update my epvip webpage with how many hands I had played and how much I was entitled to if they had no intention of paying that? I have had nothing but a positive experience with every online site I had played, and Empire was one of my favorites (even after the split).
Old 11-12-2005, 03:40 PM

If it weren't for this page saying I was entitled to this money, I would blow this all off to not paying attention to the T&Cs. But this, coupled with offering the bonus during a reload period is what gets me.

Does anyone have a phone number for VIP support?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:36 PM

I have reason to believe that polite persistence in this matter will eventually be rewarded.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:48 AM

I received $225 of the $525 owed. I had no other promotions with this offer. I have emailed them 7 times both to the info@empirepoker.com and vip@empirepoker.com and have yet to receive a response.