Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:03 PM

Default I play bad, but was the river \'sexy\'?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Button is a 24/15/2.0 type. SB is unknown. I was planning on 3betting preflop, until the SB called.

Flop I figured didn't help anybody, thought I'd take a shot.

Turn I feel strongly i'm in front. If he raised I was calling and folding a K,Q or heart river.

River it was possible he backdoored hearts, but I thought it more likely he called with 2 bigs. I thought i'd give him a chance to represent the Ace, figuring he'd call if it hit him and if it didn't I wouldn't have to show. I was folding to a 3bet.

Is this a little too loose, a little too laggy?

lf
Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: I play bad, but was the river \'sexy\'?

I like betting out here because if it hit him he is likely to raise in which case you can 3 bet. If you think he is likely to just call even though it hit him than I like the sexy.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting out here because if it hit him he is likely to raise in which case you can 3 bet. If you think he is likely to just call even though it hit him than I like the sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had it not brought a back door flush, I think that would have been best. Given the unlikely but possible one card straight, and the back door hearts, I thought 2 bets was better than 3 on the river.

lf
Old 11-10-2005, 05:57 PM

Well played. You likely have the best hand on the flop anyways. River sexy is good because your opponent is unlikely to raise you with a bare A on this semi scary board and you give K high a chance to bluff.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:30 PM

That is true because if he caps it than you are almost certainly beat, but I don't think it is a laydown i can make.