Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
>>Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.<<

[/ QUOTE ] COME ON. "first to us privately, and then to the forum." i mean seriously. reading this makes me cringe.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
>>Paul, we are considering granting your wish of never allowing you to post here again. You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum.<<

[/ QUOTE ] COME ON. "first to us privately, and then to the forum." i mean seriously. reading this makes me cringe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, when speaking to other people in person about this set of forums, I almost always refer to them as "The Cult of Personality Message Boards." Not that I really have anything against CoP Message Boards. Heck, I've been known to run a few myself.

But, I think this example ("Apologize to me and everyone else because you disagreed with how I run this site") sort of reinforces my opinion of the place.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason,
Why make such a ridiculous overreaction? Sure Paul is opinionated and not always tactful, but the quality of 2+2 suffers everytime good posters are chased off.

IMO, online forums tend to suffer when moderation becomes too zealous. The readers just need to ignore the trolls and the moderators just need to remove the obvious crap.

At least there will be dozens of great posts by Vincent Lepore and Smoothcall to read.

Signed,
A Disappointed 2+2er

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul really has not been a good poster. He rarely discusses poker, does not tolerate any disagreement, is elitist, rude, antogonistic. He once told an MD that he knew nothing about ADD meds. When the guy gave a lenghty decscription paul said something like "well this seems correct based on what I know" I like his strategy posts, but he has brought the forums down on several occasions.

there is more history here than a single post.

but I think there are too many bannings and too many posts being moved.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, Mason, but you got this one wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mason,
Why make such a ridiculous overreaction? Sure Paul is opinionated and not always tactful, but the quality of 2+2 suffers everytime good posters are chased off.

IMO, online forums tend to suffer when moderation becomes too zealous. The readers just need to ignore the trolls and the moderators just need to remove the obvious crap.

At least there will be dozens of great posts by Vincent Lepore and Smoothcall to read.

Signed,
A Disappointed 2+2er

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul really has not been a good poster. He rarely discusses poker, does not tolerate any disagreement, is elitist, rude, antogonistic. He once told an MD that he knew nothing about ADD meds. When the guy gave a lenghty decscription paul said something like "well this seems correct based on what I know" I like his strategy posts, but he has brought the forums down on several occasions.

there is more history here than a single post.

but I think there are too many bannings and too many posts being moved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had run ins with both Paul Phillips and Dynasty on this forum, so maybe I can be impartial.

It seems like Paul had legitimate criticisms and suggestions. However, he was presenting them in a provocative way. It seems like he was trying to provoke 2+2 to ban him, and Mason took the bait.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people can direct their anger and disappointment at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat:

I'm not going to get angry or disappointed at a forum website.

I am considering granting your implied wish of never visiting your site, or purchasing 2+2 books again. You need to apologize, first to Paul Philips and then again to the forum.

It is my policy to hold my vendors to high standards, and that policy is now extended to authors who have sold me large quantities of books.

I think this is a shame since 2+2 books are among the best in poker, but this is not sufficient cause to provide further financial support to crybabies.

Best Wishes,
Mosch
Old 11-09-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He rarely discusses poker, does not tolerate any disagreement, is elitist, rude, antogonistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the nature of internet forums, some of the best posters on 2+2 are rude and antagonistic, but also are very intelligent and ultimately usually make good points. I'll take a single one of them (even if their wrath is sometimes directed at me) over a dozen overly polite idiots with nothing valuable to contribute.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Juuuuuust in case my old post would get me banned.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul:
You have now been permanently banned from this site.
MM

[/ QUOTE ]

lame move
Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paul:
You have now been permanently banned from this site.
MM

[/ QUOTE ]

lame move

[/ QUOTE ]

you serious? HE ASKED TO BE BANNED. i dont care who he is, why should the moderators let him talk [censored] to them. Paul isn't as valued of a poster as some are saying. He had a few interesting things to say, but for th most part he was just a troll.

While i agree deleting his post yesterday was a bit of a stretch, if the moderators did anything less than ban him today, they'd lose a ton of respect to me. Just because Paul is well known, and is fairly intelligent doesnt mean that he should always get what he wants.

Though after this temper tantrum he had over this, maybe he's not quite as intelligent as i thouoght.

Good job Mason.
Closed Thread