Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: AbsolutePoker vs. PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would recommend putting about $50 on PS and playing the $1.00 + $0.20 45 player SNG's for a while to guage what it's like.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I did, but I came over from Full Tilt.

Centja, I was wondering if you can tell me what the step up to the $5 SNGs is like on PStars? How large should I build my bankroll at this newbie level before I try to move up?

So far I've tripled my bankroll in ~110 SNGs.. I do very well (40% ROI so far) in the $1.50+25 18 person turbos, but of course I know as I move up in buyin levels, those turbos become a craps shoot. (I see good results at this low level by stealing a lot of chips when people do not change gears properly 6 and 5 handed before the merge to the final table.)

I am willing to go up to the next level with a bankroll on the skimpy side, as I will just move back down if it does not work out. I feel like I'm getting less and less experience playing at this level, and I would be willing to take a little -EV to gain experience playing in the better SNGs, yet I do not want to risk ruining my tiny bank.

Thanks for your advice,

Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stars 2-5 table SAG's are pretty weak from $1-$10. I've played all of them, and I think that the talent at the $5 level is almost as bad as the $1 tables.

If you have $150+ in you roll I'd try a couple 5's just to get your feet wet. If you get to $100 again I'd go back to the $1's. But if you are seriously in the money 40% in the 1's I don't think you'll look back. You should get a couple good cashes in 10 $5 SNG's and you can propel your roll from there.

But I have lots of gambol and don't mind risking more of my roll than the average player. So take my words with a grain of salt.

Brad