Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Stars (!) VIP program

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone can complain about turning monopoly money into a WPT entry and Carribean vacation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, though... 800k FPP points!

How in the hell is that possible?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:33 PM

hmmm, I was getting a bit excited about this but if i'm going to have to play 32,000 $55 sngs to get a $12K package it don't make a lot of sense to give up my rakeback deal on another site that pays $48K for the same amount of play.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone can complain about turning monopoly money into a WPT entry and Carribean vacation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, though... 800k FPP points!

How in the hell is that possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play 50k hands per month it wouldn't take all that long. You could get it done in a year, easily.

Massive amounts of SNGs will also get the job done.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 PM

It's pretty much the same as 800k raked-hands once you get out of the smaller levels (like 800k hands of 5/10 6-max perhaps).

This is certainly possible.
But it's definitely a bit over-priced.
less than 2 cents of value per FPP is what you already get in the FPP store and most of the FPP tournaments already.

I would expect something better for a 'VIP-club' for high-volume players.

I would be interested in going for major tourney entries like this if I was getting something like 8 cents of value per FPP.

Right now I'm already getting 4.2 cents/hand in Party's VIP club (my offer for this month)...and others are doing even better (up to 10 cents per raked hand or more).
And that's direct cash.

When it's an item or package that I'm purchasing (as opposed to direct cash) I expect to get a better value.
This is especially so if there is a time-requirement involved (such as earn 100k FPP's in 2 months to win a PCA package for example)

FWIW - just because one high-volume player got an offer for 800k FPP's doesn't mean that's the price they will set it at for this VIP/high-volume club.
I would hope that the price for these will be better than current FPP prices/value.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:14 PM

Hopefully it adjusts per level... like maybe you get 3 FPP's per hand instead of 1 if you are playing 10/20 6 max and the rake is $2 or something.

Also, I would think 200,000 raked hands would be enough (and maybe even a bit on the high side). That would mean they are only giving me .06 per hand. At that rate, 200,000 hands = 12k package. Since all i play is $5/$10 and $10/$20 6 max, they would still be making out like kings.

Currently, 90%+ of my play is at other sites where my rakeback pays me more than .06 per hand. But if Stars does this right, they will start getting almost 100% of my play.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:19 PM

Agree 100%.

O-doyle got his WSOP package from True for playing 120k raked-hands and I think that would be a fair price for stars (and they would still be profitable off your play most likely).

200k FPP's would be a bit on the high side but I would at least CONSIDER this.
Much more than that and I would probably be better just racking up the hands at party's VIP-program.

800k fpp's would be ridiculous of course and I would NOT go out of my way to get this.

Basically...I'm sitting here thinking 'Stars can buy more of my play if they want...just give me a good offer.'

My concern is that the VIP club offers will only be made to those who are CURRENTLY giving Stars a high-volume of play.
This likely would not include me.
Which is kind of frustrating because I CAN give them a high-volume of play with the right incentive and it would be very profitable for them AS WELL as beneficial for me.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My concern is that the VIP club offers will only be made to those who are CURRENTLY giving Stars a high-volume of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way they do this. The whole point is to increase business... not give extra stuff to players that are already there, right?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 PM

i think it's very possible that they would do this (although I'm hoping they don't of course).

Not that they would follow party's model or anything....but Party's VIP club was kind of like this.
If you aren't a 'valued' customer there then you didn't get an offer....and even if you knew about it and tracked them down AND got a hold of them they still might not make you an offer.

I agree that it's a weird way to go though.

If I tell Party, "well...I don't play there now because I'm always playing at other sites...but if you just make me the same offer that you are making for everyone else then I will bring 40k hands per month to your site." THEN you would think they would want my business (because they are still making a big profit off of my play....and because if I'm at 0 hands there currently then they really have nothing to lose by making me an offer).

Anyway, I'm hoping your logic is not lost on Stars for their 'high-volume' or 'VIP' program...and the fact that they actually have brains at Stars could bode well for our chances imo.

If they don't include me in the club to start then I will just write them over and over and beg them to let me do it (assuming the offer is something I am interested in).
Old 11-04-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they don't include me in the club to start then I will just write them over and over and beg them to let me do it (assuming the offer is something I am interested in).

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I didn't get the initial email, which does not bode well.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By limiting the VIP club to the higher limit players, Stars would be alienating the core group of players that it has...

[/ QUOTE ]
yea wtf I've earned 25K FPP's in the last couple months I dont recall getting an email with any mention of a new VIP Program. I play $200 NLHE and $5-10/$3-6 LHE mostly 6MAX.

Sending an email out this morning on this.