Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 10-26-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Faux Clay Chips -- Last Call?

Faux Clay Chips are amongst the best low price chips on the market today -- they go for about 5-6 cents each, have a great feel, good weight, etc. The only major draw back is that they're definately "Plain Jane".

However, all in all, whenever anyone is looking for a starter chip set, either here or on the chiptalk site, these chips are high on the recommendation list.

Last night, I was looking through the chiptalk site, and noted that one of the major suppliers is sold out of one color. As it develops, the rumor is that these chips have been discontinued and that when current supplies are gone, there will be no more.

So, if anyone was looking for these chips, or needed extras, you may want to act quickly.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Faux Clay Chips -- Last Call?

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 PM

yeah, the beauty of the fauxs is that they're probably the best plastic chips on the market, and you need to pop about $70 per 1000 of them.

2 years ago, dummy that i am, i bought a set of dice chips for $100 + shipping on ebay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:42 PM

Any ideas on how to spice these chips up? Especially if anyone's figured out a way to put edge spots. I've considered putting stickers on them. pics are always good.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM

Personally, I haven't spiced mine up at all.

However, I'm told that:

1. even though the center is not recessed, they take labels pretty well, and

2. a Sharpie will make edge spots -- take a stack of chips, use tape to get an even spot

As I say, I haven't tried either -- they work fine for me as they are.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:52 PM

Are we talking about the 11.5 gram dice chips that have the white edge spots? Or are you just talking about the cheaper ones that are one solid color? Which are running out?

And yes, I bought the dice chips with the white edgespots for like $160 for 500 and a case. Yuck.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about the 11.5 gram dice chips that have the white edge spots? Or are you just talking about the cheaper ones that are one solid color?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about the cheaper ones that are one solid color, but are a great chip. As opposed to the ones with the edge spots that are maligned by most chip heads.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about the 11.5 gram dice chips that have the white edge spots? Or are you just talking about the cheaper ones that are one solid color?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about the cheaper ones that are one solid color, but are a great chip. As opposed to the ones with the edge spots that are maligned by most chip heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, the solid color chips are the best poker investment I've made. Got 1000 for $51. They get the job done.