Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Typical boring KK hand

Apprently you need to raise more pre-flop at this table. But yes, if that many people are are calling a raise, and the flop is fairly drawless (minus the flush), then someone likely has a set if they call a flop bet. Flush draw with overs is probably check/pushing here, so someone who check/calls in this raised pot has likely out flopped you. Check behind on the turn and use your position to see if you can get a cheap showdown.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:49 AM

I have to add as a general statement, after reading all the 'advice' on this hand that hero IS beat. This is not a standard line, and hero shouldn't spew anymore chips into this pot.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:13 AM

raise to 10 preflop. there are 5 limpers and you have the 2nd best hand. thin the field and play good postflop poker against these guys.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:30 AM

I'm playing it just about like this as well, maybe you could raise a little more preflop, but whatever.
With this sized pot on the flop, if there is no A or no really scary board I am playing this for my stack.
I think I read someone looking for a check on the turn and try to get a cheap showdown, are we really gonna see any move other than a push with the size of the pot at the river. At least we might get a draw to call if we do it on the turn. If stacks were bigger that would change things.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:59 AM

Just for the record, your preflop raise is fine. You made a standard pot size raise. You didn't know everyone was going to all. Standard.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed at people whose first piece of advice is "raise more preflop" even though the poster made a full pot size raise? It annoys the hell out of me. It seems so lame and cheap. OK, I've vented now. I feel better.

And the Cubs are definitely going to the Series next year.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:11 AM

pot the flop
Old 10-22-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to add as a general statement, after reading all the 'advice' on this hand that hero IS beat. This is not a standard line, and hero shouldn't spew anymore chips into this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain showed QJ. I felt lucky after winning this one, but then again, I don't know how I could have gotten away from this, or where. If I check the turn I might get a check behind, but he'll probably try to get me all in on the river. The only hand that might not try to get all in is a missed flush or TPWK, which ended up calling my push. What would you have done here?