Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Anyone Push Here - Commerce 10/20

my apoligies diablo, what i should have said was maybe all you weak tight nits can't fathom playing a big pot w/one pair...

i see way too much "you can't possibly play a big pot w/out the nuts" advice doled out on this fourm which is dominated by the multi-tabling onliners.

no offense intended to all you crazy ass mofo's.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're trying to imply that the commerce 10/20NL isn't one of the softest games around then i must take exception.

and i will only recieve satisfaction in the form of a duel to take place on nuetral ground with the weapon of your choosing.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, it wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're trying to imply that the commerce 10/20NL isn't one of the softest games around then i must take exception.

and i will only recieve satisfaction in the form of a duel to take place on nuetral ground with the weapon of your choosing.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think he's just still picking on garland.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:28 AM

damn i am so out of the loop.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my apoligies diablo, what i should have said was maybe all you weak tight nits can't fathom playing a big pot w/one pair...

i see way too much "you can't possibly play a big pot w/out the nuts" advice doled out on this fourm which is dominated by the multi-tabling onliners.

[/ QUOTE ]
tsome of that advice is coming weaktightish players, but most of the time it is good effing advice!
in local 10/25 games, this is an easy push against 95% of the player base.. they will call with a worse T, and possibly w/ an underpair. you certainly want to play for all of it w/ those stack sizes and half of turn cards suck.
in the party 10/20, this is not true whatsoever... they call, you are effed.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's such a huge difference in online and live play
i really hate online [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 09:51 AM

Diablo, Whats your plan here then?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 AM

muck
Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM

So OK - This post some larger issues at play, and by leaving them out some of you may have had a hard time figuring out why I might push - I could've included more info.

The first issue is essentially what Jonas was going for - There are just tons of jackasses in these games.

The second is the recent influx of lots of limit players into the 10/20 game at Commerce (and maybe all NL games?).

The thing is, they play NL like they play limit, and this donks raise was just letting me know he had top pair - as he might raise me in a limit game.

It takes a little adjusting, but once you figure out who the limit guys are, you can destroy them.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:56 PM

If he really is donkish then you can either push or just smooth call then lead at the turn. The first play is safer since you are less likely to get outdrawn (or at least you've charged him the max to do it). The second play I like because donks will still chase draws with one card to come, and even better, once they commit a fair amount of chips to something like second pair or top pair weak kicker, they really have trouble getting away. While this could be seen as an argument for allin on the flop, for some reason they are more likely to see the lead the turn play as you trying to take the pot away and will call with some weird stuff.

Both of these plays assume you have about 10K in your pocket for rebuys because you don't want to bust out before you get the donks money. If you are short-rolled, it's a trickier proposition because there may be much higher EV situations in the future which you will miss out on if you don't rebuy (like tournament strategy).