Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM

Default *** The OFFICIAL Age of Empires 3 Thread *****

Lots of talk of AOE3 bogging down another thread, and lots of people interested in the game, so let's talk about it here!

I'll start with things I'm interested in, and maybe some folks can give out the opinions/info:

1. How sluggish does the game get when you're really built up or have a lot of units moving? What's the minimum amount of RAM/CPU speed/video card level to run it: a) smooth as buttah, b) pretty good with maybe some slowdowns, and c) workable, but wish your set-up was better?

2. What's the best forum up for AOE3 now? The best place to find saved games to watch(if the game makes any).

3. Is the strat book any good? (Don't think it's out yet, but maybe we can get feedback later.)

4. Anything buggy with net play or stand-alone solo play?

5. Any settings of the game or your system that help a lot? I know that on many games, turning the music off helps, certain video cards are buggy, etc.

6. Anything better or worse in it than in AOE 2?

7. Just say what you want about the game.

Okay, that's a start. Please all chip in who either know or give a crap.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: *** The OFFICIAL Age of Empires 3 Thread *****

Is it out now? I downloaded the demo and gave it a quick try a few weeks ago. I hate the bullshit about your home city back in the old world. Also, it took like 10 minutes for my militia men to kill anything. I absolutely love AOE2, but I feel like I'm going to be very disappointed by AOE3.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it out now? I downloaded the demo and gave it a quick try a few weeks ago. I hate the bullshit about your home city back in the old world. Also, it took like 10 minutes for my militia men to kill anything. I absolutely love AOE2, but I feel like I'm going to be very disappointed by AOE3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone hates the home cities.

It's out in 5 days.

[ QUOTE ]

What's the best forum up for AOE3 now? The best place to find saved games to watch(if the game makes any).

[/ QUOTE ]

planetageofmythology.com's, unfortunately the forum is private right now (and it looks like probably won't be opened to the public again before the game releases [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). Maybe aom heaven? I'm not sure. I never liked any of the other forums like MFO or aomh for aoe or aom.

FWIW an ES dev supposedly lurks or posts here as well. I don't know their forum name though.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:17 PM

I'm worried the home cities thing may make the game a dud, too. This would be a bummer, since I liked AOE2 so much. Scary much.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:09 PM

I used to play AOE2 quite a bit (mainly DM, some random map). Played for about 5 years, got pretty good at it. I haven't played in quite some time though.

The best forums for AOC 2 currently are probobly Legion clan forums. I don't know if they will have a AOE3 section.

http://www.thelegionclan.com/about.php is the address.

I still don't know if I'm going to get it or not. AOE 2 was such a good game, and I don't think AOE 3 will live up to its expectations. There was a demo version that I saw linked to SuNo clan (a DM clan) at www.sunogaming.net . Page is down for a bit though.

If you get it, write some thoughts or PM me about it. I might pick it up if its good.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info, Orange.

I'm not sure I'll get it immediately, but will probably get it sooner or later, when I have either the time or desire to spend the kind of time on it that these games take. I played WOW for a few months and am not really looking for a new addiction.