Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-07-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Why George W. Bush is not a Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Check this out:

--------------------------------------------

LONDON (AFP) - US President George W. Bush allegedly said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, a new BBC documentary will reveal, according to details.

Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003, the ministers told the documentary series to be broadcast in Britain later this month.

The US leader also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation.

"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

A BBC spokesman said the content of the programme had been put to the White House but it had refused to comment on a private conversation.

The three-part series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US president Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip.

The programme speaks to presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, about what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks failed and the intifada grew.

The series is due to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

---------------------------------------------------

Nice to know the alleged crimminal now doubles as a false prophet, yet can't be much a suprise to those who aren't totally clueless.

Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
SDM

[/ QUOTE ]From what I understand this is what GWB's interpreter said. GWB denies that it is what he actaully said. Regardless of what he actually said, I believe that he believes/believed/believes at certain times what was accredited to him. Hence, is why I got in a bit of trouble in the Religion and Cause of wars thread.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Why George W. Bush is not a Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Why would the President of the USA ever tell the leaders of Muslim states that he is on a military mission from God? This is absolutely preposterous!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? This is very believable. Don't you remember regarding the Iraq invasion when someone asked Bush if he consulted his father on this. He responded by saying something like, "no, I consulted a higher father."

That's basically the same exact thing.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Oopsy

[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot if you believe that crap. Why would the President of the USA ever tell the leaders of Muslim states that he is on a military mission from God? This is absolutely preposterous!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read all the report. The president was not suddenly confiding what troubles his inner sould to foreign diplomats! Nor was he making his conversations with God the central point of his statement.

He was speaking to Palestinian leaders and trying to convince them of his sincerity and determination to help them get statehood.

Bush was having a meeting with ostensibly pious and religious people, the Palestinian leaders. Using God in the argument must have looked good on paper. Bush said to the Palestinian leaders that helping out the Palestinians in their quest for statehood was not only fair and right but also God-ordained. As were the other two missions that God guided him on, i.e. Afghanistan and Iraq.