Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-20-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Reply from Empire on disconnecting cheaters

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand and respect your concern, and agree with the fact that the disconnection in this hand may have put you in a disadvantageous position.

Although certain hands look suspicious the fact is that we could never say for sure that a player has disconnected on purpose. We do have records of all players disconnects and details of the hands in which they occur and use this information to make a fair and accurate determination of the players motives. If we find a pattern suggesting that a certain player usually disconnects in key moments of the games where a bet/raise must be called or folded, then we act accordingly by removing that players disconnect protection.

Please keep in mind that a player can and will be legitimately disconnected at times that would look suspicious. If a player demonstrates a pattern of doing this we will remove his protection, even if that player was genuinely experiencing connectivity problems.

Removing a players disconnect protection does not necessarily assume that player was maliciously using the system set up to protect honest players. The protection is a privilege, and we grant it to players that demonstrate a track record of non suspicious play.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Reply from Empire on disconnecting cheaters

Sounds about right. What else can they do? now that there are tables that do not allow disconnect protection, the topic is really dead. When i choose to sit at one of those tables i am taking the chance. And since there are so many table options at party no one is ever forced to play at any table.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Reply from Empire on disconnecting cheaters

I know for a fact they do take it away sometimes. I received an email that a player had a pattern of disconnects, and they where taking disconnect protection away from them for a period of six months. I think they need at least two complaints on the same player before they do anything.