Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Default TT Button First Hand -- All In

I suspect I made multiple errors here -- and would like thoughts as to how to play this.

First hand, on the button. Blinds are 25-50, Everyone Starts with 1500 T. Generally a loose game early on.

Hero, witht he button dealt TT

SB Posts, BB posts, EP1 calls, EP2 Folds. EP3 Folds. MP1 raises to 325, MP2 Folds, MP3 Folds, CO folds, Hero --

I suspect, I should either raise or fold, but I called, hoping to play MP1 heads up.

SB folds, BB folds, EP1 pushes all in. MP1 calls. Hero --

I'm sort of lost with this hand, and suspect that fold is best, but I call all in.

Were both calls wrong? What would others do.

BTW -- fwiw, EP shows KK, MP shows QQ, King on the flop, King on the Turn, and it's time for the next game.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: TT Button First Hand -- All In

I don't mind the 1st call. I hate the second call.

Limp-reraise screams aces (kings is just as bad but donkish), and the initial raiser obviously really likes his hand too. TT no good - live to fight another day with 1200 chips.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:17 PM

I would have folded both times.

There is a 6x raise in front of you and its early. While you could call and push an undercard flop if checked to you, that is unlikely to happen.

After the limper pushes and is called, it becomes an auto-fold.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded both times.

There is a 6x raise in front of you and its early. While you could call and push an undercard flop if checked to you, that is unlikely to happen.

After the limper pushes and is called, it becomes an auto-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this line.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:23 PM

Unless you have definite reads this is fold - fold. The first time you don't know if you'll be playing for set value or not, that is, will you be going broke an an all under flop? If not, don't call this, because you are not getting good enough implied odds to hit your set. If you know he's only making a massive 6 BB raise with low PPs and/or high cards, then it becomes an easy push; but, like I said, without reads you fold this. The second reraise is an easy, easy, easy fold. You think someone is reraising a 6x BB raise and a cold caller with 99 or lower? I don't think so. This is not close.