Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:16 AM

Default I hate TP/TK

No reads on UTG+2, blinds are $1/$2. He has $125 and I cover. My line sucks what is the best line not to lose my stack

I raise UTG to $7 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG+1 calls as well as UTG+2.

pot has $24

flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I bet $15, UTG+1 folds and UTG+2 calls.

pot has $54

turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I check and call a bet of $30.

pot has $114

river is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $50 he pushes for $20 more and I call.

I hate my line please give me a better one.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I hate TP/TK

If I would bet at that flop, it´d have to be pot sized. But I don´t like the 2 players behind me, especially since they called from such early positions. Just check the flop, see their actions.
I´d call a flop bet, and try and get a check-raise in on the turn.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:04 PM

I think you are wining this hand. These situations are tough. What range do you put them on? THis is fairly read depended for me. to bad you lost to his set.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:13 PM

pot flop, pot turn and fold when he goes ai
Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pot flop, pot turn and fold when he goes ai

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting stack 125
Preflop 7
Pot on the flop 24 - bet of 24, called in one spot
Pot on the turn 72 - total stack remaining 125-24-7=94

How do you pot the turn and fold an all-in ?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:31 PM

Is this 6 Max? If so, I'm cool with the PF raise but AQ UTG in a full ring game is a trouble hand. I'll raise with it sometimes but you have to be careful.

As is, I bet $20 on the flop and since a pot-sized bet on the turn commits me, push right there hoping he doesn't have a set. You could have checkraised all-in there instead.

If all the money is going in on the river anyway, may as well put him to the test on the turn. But given how villains play at the levels I play at, I see KQ here at least as often as a set.

That said, there's no draw here and villain didn't take a free turn card and instead made a relatively weak turn bet. The more I think about it, the more I think a set of 9s.

That said, I would probably be stubborn and pay to see it... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Why are you betting 50 on the river (into a dude who has but 70 left).

If you feel you are committed to the hand then you can always check-push the turn.

Why not check the river and see what he does ?

Probably the best line to not lose your stack is to limp AQo in ep (or fold it if its full ring).
Old 08-23-2005, 12:51 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Probably the best line to not lose your stack is to limp AQo in ep (or fold it if its full ring).

[/ QUOTE ] No. Best way to not lose your stack is to get some reads. Limping AQ utg in 6max is very weak. So is folding it full ring.

I don't mean to pick on you fuzzbox. I reallize it might seem that way, but I can assure you it's coincidental.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping AQ utg in 6max is very weak. So is folding it full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. I don't play 6 Max so I can't say how to handle it there (I suspect I'd raise with it more often than not) but in full ring, there's nothing wrong with folding with a trouble hand out of position befoe you get attached to it. I am hardly weak-tight, incidentally, and I probably do raise with it in ring games and I probably get burned more often than not. I'll check it out in PT when I get home...

That said, I will almost always raise with Jacks UTG. It's just easier to play Post-Flop, IMHO. An Ace hits and it's easy to get away from JJ, not so much AQ.