Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Results and Thoughts

I think in this case its more likely for her to have the goods than 77, and she may value bet on the river with the best hand and save you 1/2 your remaining chips (still a workable stack).
Old 07-21-2005, 04:09 PM

It's both. We can see from the answers on this thread that 9/10 players are not folding here. She should expect that. And that's why I would have folded, because its too unlikely for a player with AK to fold, and hence she should have the goods. Maybe my response would have been different if I had been watching her play. But to me it looked like a flopped set.

If a player is going to employ a strategy of playing weak in the beginning of the hand and amping up the agression on the turn and the river, then they need to have strong reading skills to survive. Villain should have known that hero would call there, and should have avoided the situation without the goods... IMO.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:44 PM

I don't see how a push isn't the right play. She's shown the set once to set that up in your mind and that's precisely what she wants you to believe she has here. I'm not going away on the river no matter what she bets so I'd put it back on her. The pot is big enough now to justify shutting her out of the river. You might get called by a hand like A8 or 86...but I don't care. I'll happily scope up that pot already in there.