Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Paranoia Strikes Deep

This whole debate about whether Party is going to freeze accounts of those of us using 3rd. party software is laughable. I don't use PE but I do use PT and I don't see how any site could be aware of my use. The hands go onto my HD and then are imported to PT, the site isn't even involved. It's barely possible they could detect GT+, but not possible enough to make me reach for the tinfoil hat.

Here's an idea:IF THEY CAN DETECT PE: QUIT USING IT AND LEARN TO PLAY POKER INSTEAD. Any of the 3rd. party programs should be viewed as tools, not crutches.
I play mostly AP and GT+ is hit & miss there at best so gee I've been forced to actually pay attention to my opponents play and not rely on the HU display. IMHO, anyone who absolutely needs PE, PV, or GT+ to play is basically a weak player.

BTW, screw PP and its' skins. Between bonuses, rakeback, and game quality I make 2-3x more playing 1000 hands at AP then I ever did at Party.

Just my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Paranoia Strikes Deep

The Z00 just wouldn't be right if there wasn't some kind of new "sky is falling" thing each month and the PE issues are just July's way of saying "HELLO Z00!"
Old 07-09-2005, 06:37 PM

The complaining from some about PE existing, from others flaming the guy who wants it banned remind me of an important lesson from business: "Those who complain about changing game rules fail, those who spend their energy adjusting to the new reality succeedes."
Old 07-09-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole debate about whether Party is going to freeze accounts of those of us using 3rd. party software is laughable. I don't use PE but I do use PT and I don't see how any site could be aware of my use. The hands go onto my HD and then are imported to PT, the site isn't even involved. It's barely possible they could detect GT+, but not possible enough to make me reach for the tinfoil hat.

Here's an idea:IF THEY CAN DETECT PE: QUIT USING IT AND LEARN TO PLAY POKER INSTEAD. Any of the 3rd. party programs should be viewed as tools, not crutches.
I play mostly AP and GT+ is hit & miss there at best so gee I've been forced to actually pay attention to my opponents play and not rely on the HU display. IMHO, anyone who absolutely needs PE, PV, or GT+ to play is basically a weak player.

BTW, screw PP and its' skins. Between bonuses, rakeback, and game quality I make 2-3x more playing 1000 hands at AP then I ever did at Party.

Just my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the paranoia is more "WTF am I actually ALLOWED to use? PT? PV???" rather than the "OMG what do I do without PE??" that you seem to think it is.

It is also EXTREMELY possible for them to detect your use of PT and GT+ because they take random screenshots and view active procceses, meaning they will see PT on your task bar and in your process list, and all the little drawings on your tables from GT+.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is also EXTREMELY possible for them to detect your use of PT and GT+ because they take random screenshots and view active procceses, meaning they will see PT on your task bar and in your process list, and all the little drawings on your tables from GT+.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLOL. You believe they can get into your computer and take a screen shot after you've left the site? I download hands, close the client, open PT and import the hands. And you think the poker sites are hacking my computer to see if I'm using PT? If you send me your address and hat size I will forward on your tinfoil hat.

BTW, read the posts, they definetly have an OMG what will we do now edge to them.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:45 PM

The tinfoil hat line isn't funny anymore.