Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Weird Limp ReRaise Hand (Party 10/20)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's no way i can lay this down... i push it expecting to win and cry when they flip over AK (ill be drawing dead) or KK (im drawing to an ace... aka 1 out) for the boat

[/ QUOTE ]

or um, a jack.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

or, um, a running pair. anyway... just to say i told you so, that's all i have to say. you clowns on this site are way too weak tight, holy crap... especially fourkings whoever the crap you are, the last few posts (check folding AK on a K high flop to 2 streets of aggression)... whoa.

people make some plays. you made me want to kill myself so i had to stop playing full ring and am now down to shorthanded. play some poker! and by the way, i love this play... no way i make it 500 preflop, i like the way you did it and i'd love to get one or two callers for "set value" since they usually won't hit and you'll take th epot on a rag flop and if they do hit, they raise and you don't have too much of a decision in getting away from your "overpair" =)
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 AM

a jack would make AAAJJ when if he had AK he would have AAAKK... in my book kings are higher than jacks buddy
Old 06-20-2005, 01:57 AM

oh my bad i was talkign about him having AK yah you're right sorry
Old 06-20-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a jack would make AAAJJ when if he had AK he would have AAAKK... in my book kings are higher than jacks buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa buddy calm down. this was obviously in response to your comment about if he had kings. if you were talking about when he had AK, i'd love to see where that ace out of yours is coming from. you got the 5th up your sleeve? and if you do, and it comes up, does it only play for AJ man or is it then a chopped pot?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:29 AM

A lot depends on how you perceive the flop bet. I don't see AK betting this flop and preventing pocket pairs, TJ or QJs from improving. Also, the bet is simply miniscule compared to the size of the pot. I think you can also eliminate KK from the villain's hand range: He knows that you are limp reraising into a sizeable pot which was created by a LAG's original raise and would likely have re-popped your LRR to prevent the two callers behind him from seeing a flop. The only reasonable hand to fear is AQ, and I wouldnt expect a weak probe bet from that hand. When it folds to you, be happy that you've picked up another $300 in dead money and move in, expect to possibly be called by Axs or to take down a sizeable pot.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:12 AM

Are you even a winning player Sharkk, seen you around on 10/20 and you seem to be leaning to the category of maniacs ..?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 AM

i personally think you need to rethink a couple things.. you limp-reraise AJ.. flop trips, and then you decide to start thinking? if you have the sac to limp-reraise AJ to build a 1200 pot, whats another 1800 going to hurt you. lead out 1200 or go all in.

another thing, if your playing with people who call 325 preflop with QJo , maybe you should stop trying to outplay them and just take their money the old fasion way... wait till you get a hand and trap them. just my opinion
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i personally think you need to rethink a couple things.. you limp-reraise AJ.. flop trips, and then you decide to start thinking? if you have the sac to limp-reraise AJ to build a 1200 pot, whats another 1800 going to hurt you. lead out 1200 or go all in.

another thing, if your playing with people who call 325 preflop with QJo , maybe you should stop trying to outplay them and just take their money the old fasion way... wait till you get a hand and trap them. just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]everything you just said was completely contradictory... howd he do trapping this guy after he flopped three aces?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I flat called the bet, and the turn was a 10. I check and the other guy bets 900, and so I just say XXXX and move in. He calls instantly with QJ offsuit for the straight. Do you think I should have moved in after his flop bet? This hand just pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost almost ALMOST wrote in my post that you need to lead about half the pot and call an all in, and that hands like QJ will check through and get free shots to take down 5 grand. I thought better of it because im sure all the "pros" would have berated me that no one would ever call 300 PF with QJ blah blah...

Im sorry I was right