Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Please Analyze These QQ Hands

I've been getting killed on QQ lately.

#1 The opponent is identified by PT as LAP. Did I play this correctly? I did not bet the river because I figured if he hit his straight he would raise me and if he didn't he would just fold.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

The opponent is SLAA. I was sure I was ahead until the river and 60% sure I was behind on the river. Should I have laid it down to one bet?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 06-13-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Please Analyze These QQ Hands

Hand 1: bet/call this river. There's too much value from any any pair on the board. A rivered two pair might even raise you. You're playing scared though when you check this river because of a possible gutshot that just hit, especially when the villain bet out on the flop.

Hand 2: Not a lot of hands you can beat now, but you answered your own question if you're behind 60% of the time. The pot is laying you 15:1 to make the crying call here. You have to be good less than 8% of the time for this to be +EV, so easy call.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:14 PM

Hand 1
i bet the river and fold to a raise

Hand 2
the villian coming alive on the turn is odd.. flopped set is the first thing that comes to mind.. JJ...a slowplayed KK or AA doesn't fit with the aggressive image. AK of hearts maybe. I think i would have called the turn and folded the river. Name a hand that he caps preflop and raises the turn with and bets the river with that you have beat? TT i doubt it... i think he had JJ or 99 with JJ being my first choice.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Hand two is pretty straight forward. I think you played it fine, nothing else you can do.

Hand one: How much do you trust your read and PT stats? If he is truly passive on the river I think you safely bet and fold to a c/r. But I still like betting this river. What makes you think he has a jack? Passive postflop players don't bet gutshots on the flop, so his most likely hand has only a king - most likely a weak one, as an LAP may raise a big king preflop.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:20 PM

Folding the river on hand two when you are getting 15:1 is not good.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:33 PM

I don't like checking behind on the river in hand 1. I like the the bet/fold to a c/r here as well. I don't think a check is that bad though if the river was the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. How do others feel about it in that situation?

I see no problem w/hand 2.

WiteKnite
Old 06-13-2005, 11:48 PM

I think had 2 is fine as is, bet the river and CALL a raise in hand one.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
i bet the river and fold to a raise

Hand 2
the villian coming alive on the turn is odd.. flopped set is the first thing that comes to mind.. JJ...a slowplayed KK or AA doesn't fit with the aggressive image. AK of hearts maybe. I think i would have called the turn and folded the river. Name a hand that he caps preflop and raises the turn with and bets the river with that you have beat? TT i doubt it... i think he had JJ or 99 with JJ being my first choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand #2 he had an A4 and came alive on his pair of 4's