Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Big stacks put wayfare to the test

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm physically restraining myself from getting involved here.

I've already done my duty and in so doing, my mind almost went.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious as to how I'm so frustrating?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a bit of context to explain here. a few days ago i got into it with two mega-weak-tighties, the more obnoxious of which was called "mymindisgoing" (hence the allusion at the end of my post) and essentially they ended up backing themselves into a corner and trying to change the topic to semantics and respect for others opinions, no matter how painfully, blatantly wrong they are.

fact of the matter is this:
- this is a forum with lots of mart people who are good players.
- it's also a forum where people have little patience for new players who spread bad knowledge and then get angy when called out about it. if you want something more touchy-feely, betthepot.com is a great site. there's a reason twoplus is by far the best place on the internet for poker, and it's not because of our geniality.
- what you're told by more experienced players is for a reason. seriously. yes, what you're doing now may kind of work, but that's not the point. the point is that if you ever want to actually make money in poker, you can't do it because it doesn't work in the games you should eventually want to be playing. Right now i'm making more playing live poker, at 30-40 hands/hr, then i probably will ever make (hourly) as a doctor. i know this for certain for at least the first ten years of being a doc. the reason i can play in and beat these games is because of the BR i built playing smaller games and because of the advice i got here on twoplustwo.

this is the last i'll say in this thread. but seriously, wayfare knows his shit. he's one of the posters who showed me how to win. he doesn't post advice/help/opinions without a reason.

fim
Old 03-20-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Results

Thanks Wayfare. I'm gonna re-examine my play here. You would do the same (on the turn I mean) if this was full ring, right? Or is this an unreasonable question since the whole hand would have played out differently?
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the last i'll say in this thread. but seriously, wayfare knows his shit. he's one of the posters who showed me how to win. he doesn't post advice/help/opinions without a reason.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't see how I was being frustrating. I never said he didn't know what he was talking about. I offered my opinion and he offered his. I'm not mega-weak-tight. I just choose to very rarely play KQo. If I'm wrong about something, that's fine, I'm not saying I'm always right. I have no problem with him telling me something other than what I currently do, that's why I post here, for other opinions. Blah.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:10 PM

One problem with every post in this thread, and many threads on the site. You guys all assume that opponents play like you "should" play or how many of the people on here play. You are saying he wouldn't minraise with a flush draw, or wouldn't do this, or wouldn't do that, or wouldn't do anything irrational. You have NO idea who the villain is but try to say what he would and wouldn't do, when in reality, it's just what YOU would or wouldn't do.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:48 PM

Since I am myself a donk, I have a pretty good idea of what donks in the hand are going to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 08:00 PM

GCs BTW.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:01 PM

I don't see any problem with the river T here, but I really want to know, say the river is a non-diamond blank. How do you proceed on the play there?

That would be a more interesting question.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:15 PM

If he bets all in, I probably think and fold.

If he checks, I check. If he makes a bet that looks like a value bet, I probably think about the previous action, think about what % of the time I am good, and then call or fold based on the price he is giving me.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:27 AM

I'm not sure I understand this. I thought a large part of the reason why you called the turn raise was because you were expecting him to bluff off his stack if he missed his draw. But then you are going to fold if he pushes and you didn't improve??