Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 09:35 PM

Default How to best use the forums

I play micro online. I have, and am reading, several of the recommended Poker (hold 'em specifically) texts.

My question to you good people is how best to use the 2+2 forums.

Should I mainly read the micro posts and think about the stuff going on there? Should I read other sections such as theory and the higher stakes boards to get a glimpse of other ideas?

All feedback is appreciated.

--IT
Old 09-30-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: How to best use the forums

Theory etc is always good to read, and so is the other micro stuff. But be sure to remember that the micro limit games are VERY different from the higher stakes.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:52 PM

Be a sponge and absorb it all. Concentrate on Micro mostly, and read the archives! But learn from everything on this site. It'll help your game daily. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:02 PM

There's good info and thought provoking material all over the forums. Read as much as you have time for until you're tired of it. Here's my order of reading for working on my ring games:

1. microlimits
2. small stakes

these two are by far going to be the most beneficial for you.

3. HUSH
4. SS PL/NL hold em
5. poker theory

Most importantly, get involved and post hands and respond. And don't worry too mucb about being wrong, people will tell you when you are and you'll learn more.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:02 PM

If you're just starting out, you'll probably find micro most helpful. Small Stakes tends to focus much more on post flop concepts, and the regular posters have a fairly solid understanding of the baisics. In other words, much of what is discussed here is assumed there.

That being said, there is a ton of great stuff to be learned in SS. Just don't freak out if you're not ready to apply all the concepts they talk about. Once you're comfortable with your game, there's no better place to be.

As for the rest... read as much as you have time for. I try to spend some time reading HUSH... though between playing, posting, and trying to keep up with Micro and SS, I often don't get much else in.

It's been said over and over, but there's really no substitute for getting your hands dirty. Post hands and offer your suggestions to others.