Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Default I just don\'t think he has an ace ... how to play it?

Villian is 26/13/2. My image is not solid at all, as I've been caught bluffing twice recently. Check on the river was to induce a bluff and save money if I am behind a weak ace or a K.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: I just don\'t think he has an ace ... how to play it?

He doesn't have a K unless it's something really mysterious. You are right that he almost definitely doesn't have an A. That leaves a 6 with almost definitely a worse kicker or a pair. Or I guess he could have 45 which is basically the only draw. Bet the river.
-James
Old 11-26-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 26/13/2. My image is not solid at all, as I've been caught bluffing twice recently. Check on the river was to induce a bluff and save money if I am behind a weak ace or a K.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Comments on all streets welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, it looks a lot like you altered this hand history to say 30/60 even though it's a 15/30 game. No biggie, but not really gonna endear you to people here.

Secondly, I think you should bet the river. The CO is a new player, so he isn't that aware of your image. You'd hate for him to have a diamond draw (very likely given his play) and catch a 7 on the river to beat you. If you bet, he'll likely muck a 7. He doesn't need to muck a 7 here all the time for this to be a good bet.

Josh
Old 11-26-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 6. CO posts a blind of $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

as jeff pointed out, thats either a converter error, or you changing the stakes for whatever reason.

anyways, not huge. what IS important is that you use your image to your benefit. if ive just run a few unsuccessful bluffs, i will defiantely value bet the [censored] out of weak holdings b/c i get calls w/ tons of hands i wouldn't have if i didn't get caught bluffing.

this is the exact situation you're in. bet the river.

Barron
Old 11-26-2005, 07:22 PM

oh yea gerry, NOWWW i get it.

this post should be moved to mid stakes. i'll leave it for now and will give a grace period but if posts like this continue to get posted in high, i'll move them.

i think a grace period is fair though.

Barron
Old 11-27-2005, 01:41 AM

Default hey Mr. Moderator

You do realize you've screwed up the limit forums, dont you? I'd elaborate, but what is the point of me saying anything to you to be taken seriously.......?

You'll give a period of grace? Oh how kind of you, dear sir.

I'm sure that it wasn't all your doing, but, this is impractical and borderline poker supremist, IMO. If certain people want a purely ultra super advanced forum, they should just create one and block posters, but allow readers.

I said I wouldnt elaborate so I'll stop now. (before I get banned again or something silly like that)

Tex
Old 11-27-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: hey Mr. Moderator

Am i the only one who does like the flop check raise, co ahs posted and checked, meaning he has a random hand at this stage, why are we assuming he will bet?

I lead the flop and play it from there
Old 11-27-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize you've screwed up the limit forums, dont you? I'd elaborate, but what is the point of me saying anything to you to be taken seriously.......?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i have singlehandedly screwed up the limit forum. one that was here long before you and will continue to be long after you bust out or fail to understand or get sick of the posts here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the post was 15/30 and should have been posted in medium stakes. gerry changed the converter to show "30/60." since there was obviously enough motivation for him to try to post the hand here i'll leave it but will, in the future, move such posts to prevent similar attempts. since the forum was recently split, i see nothing wrong with a warning given the action and time it occurred.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that it wasn't all your doing, but, this is impractical and borderline poker supremist, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was done to give 15/30 and 20/40 a home. what i mean is a place where people would feel free to post those hands w/o having to feel "bad" or "guilty" about posting in a "high" stakes forum. i put those words in quotations because they come from the discussion that took place before the split. thats right, there was a discussion, a few in fact. there was plenty of "warning." further, this change will take a week or two to iron itself out but in the end WE think its in the best interest of all levels of players. by WE i mean the moderators and admin folks here, not to mention the quality posters on this board, of whom i have talked with a good number and of those with whom i spoke, a vast majority think the split is a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]

If certain people want a purely ultra super advanced forum, they should just create one and block posters, but allow readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, i wonder how posts would get created if posters were blocked...but good idea!

[ QUOTE ]

I said I wouldnt elaborate so I'll stop now. (before I get banned again or something silly like that)

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know why you were banned in the first place but im not overly surprised. either way ive outlined both my thoughts and those expressed previously by others in discussions on these boards. hope it helps.

Barron
Old 11-27-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i have singlehandedly screwed up the limit forum. one that was here long before you and will continue to be long after you bust out or fail to understand or get sick of the posts here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the post was 15/30 and should have been posted in medium stakes. gerry changed the converter to show "30/60." since there was obviously enough motivation for him to try to post the hand here i'll leave it but will, in the future, move such posts to prevent similar attempts. since the forum was recently split, i see nothing wrong with a warning given the action and time it occurred.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that it wasn't all your doing, but, this is impractical and borderline poker supremist, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was done to give 15/30 and 20/40 a home. what i mean is a place where people would feel free to post those hands w/o having to feel "bad" or "guilty" about posting in a "high" stakes forum. i put those words in quotations because they come from the discussion that took place before the split. thats right, there was a discussion, a few in fact. there was plenty of "warning." further, this change will take a week or two to iron itself out but in the end WE think its in the best interest of all levels of players. by WE i mean the moderators and admin folks here, not to mention the quality posters on this board, of whom i have talked with a good number and of those with whom i spoke, a vast majority think the split is a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]

If certain people want a purely ultra super advanced forum, they should just create one and block posters, but allow readers.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, i wonder how posts would get created if posters were blocked...but good idea!

[ QUOTE ]

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know why you were banned in the first place but im not overly surprised. either way ive outlined both my thoughts and those expressed previously by others in discussions on these boards. hope it helps.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm simply expressing my opinion, is all. Maybe it was too pointed, it usually is. But the poll indicates I'm not alone, or at least, there are others who feel the way I do. Ask yourself why no one else said anything about it....i.e., all of those (the majority so far) who voted to go back to the way it was, did not give a reply as to why they wanted the forum changed? Do you think it is possible that they didnt want to voice their thoughts for fear of being labeled or flamed? Nah, impossible! Not on 2+2 !!!! Disagreeing with the hierarchy around here.......????
I'll stay quiet until some more time has passed and we have the opportunity so see just how the split really works.

As for your comment about going broke, not understanding, and whatever else you said that I dont really care to repeat..... people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, Barron.

Tex
Old 11-27-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh yea gerry, NOWWW i get it.

this post should be moved to mid stakes. i'll leave it for now and will give a grace period but if posts like this continue to get posted in high, i'll move them.

i think a grace period is fair though.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Entirely correct, I changed this one to 30/60 because I was interested in responses from the usual crowd of MH players.