Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Big Party BB Jackpot. Anyone want to setup a \"special\" table?

[ QUOTE ]
I've played over 200,000 hands and have never been involved in a hand that would have triggered a Bad Beat Jackpot. What kind of odds are you looking at to actually hit a hand like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

very very very very low. They're doing it for fun. I'm just saying, that it would really suck if by a miracle shot they actually did hit it, and then didn't get paid because Mike O'Malley reads this forum.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:00 PM

I've never seen one either whether playing on a jackpot table or not.

Doesn't mean I haven't been on a table when one took place though.
when one multi-tables one tends to miss the end-results of many of the hands that he folded pre-flop.

I've had 4 or 5 royal-flushes though which is fairly unlikely for as few hands as I've played (probably less than 1 million).
Old 10-12-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

when one multi-tables one tends to miss the end-results of many of the hands that he folded pre-flop.

I've had 4 or 5 royal-flushes though which is fairly unlikely for as few hands as I've played (probably less than 1 million).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 7 royals in my 200,000 hands. All using both hole cards. So I guess that's a little unusual?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 7 royals in my 200,000 hands. All using both hole cards. So I guess that's a little unusual?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.. I've played 200k+ hands at pokerroom skin in the last few months, and hit 0, even counting only using one hole card (but meaning I had to be in the hand when the royal hit). I think they just don't want to pay me a royal flush bonus.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 PM

ive been playing mostly full time for 1.5 years and have been involved in 1 hand where a bbj wouldve been triggered.

i flopped quads Qs in a tourney and lost to runner runner straight flush. all hole cards were used.
also, i was once playing on a BBJ table when a bbj was hit (but not at my table).

its not that unrealistic for a 2+2 table to hit it, but it would need to be done mostly for entertainment purposes.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:56 PM

It's going to be pretty obvious if you hit it that you were "colluding" for the jp. Party will put the money in your account, review the logs, and promptly take the money out of your account. Read the T&C of the jp, and I think it'll be pretty clear.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't sound low to me. I've probably played about 400k hands, and I've seen 5. (2 in the same session ridiculously enough).
Old 10-12-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's going to be pretty obvious if you hit it that you were "colluding" for the jp. Party will put the money in your account, review the logs, and promptly take the money out of your account. Read the T&C of the jp, and I think it'll be pretty clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what I was saying to. Its a question of whether the entertainment value of doing it outweighs the possibility of the agony of winning it and having it taken away.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably played half as many hands and have had 5 (including one in a online 5 card draw game where I caught perfect drawing 3 with Ace and a face s00ted.) #4 and #5 came within 5 min of each other. RIGGGEED!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in a hand that would qualify (for 7 card jp anyhow.) AAAA got beat by straight flush. I took the worst of it, of course. Too bad it was in a tourney.