Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: blind battle for tstone

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your reasoning behind not leading the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

because getting raised makes you cry.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your reasoning behind not leading the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty please?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, im not quite sure why i checked the turn. something about getting to sd cheaply and not getting blown off a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for humoring me.

This is probably pretty obvious to most of you. I just thought that, after hero has shown all that aggression, it wouldn't be that likely that villain would raise the turn without having us beat, and few outs. But on the other hand, it sounded like he was capable of calling with worse Ace.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:21 PM

I'm pretty sure if you bet and get raised on the turn, you can easily fold. There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

Edit: I don't bet these turns every time either, but I do like to mix it up at a good frequency.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:54 PM

yea i wasnt be a dick or coy. i honestly dont know why i did it or if it was the best move.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 PM

If I'm determined to go to showdown I check the turn a lot here. Usually my opponent will be obliged to bet with both the hands I'm ahead of and behind.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure if you bet and get raised on the turn, you can easily fold. There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

Edit: I don't bet these turns every time either, but I do like to mix it up at a good frequency.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok that makes sense to me now. i will bet/fold here often but since this pot is quite large at this point i really dont want to blown off a hand or have to make a tough decision.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say with one face card and a bunch of crap, this is a pretty excellent board to bluff at. Hero could be capping lightly pissed off at all the 3-bets with a hand like QJ and would certainly be in a tough spot with a hand like 77 or AJ facing a turn raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:45 PM

I think your turn play should depend highly on how lightly you think he'd be peeling this flop. If he'd call with hands like QJ, then you're better off firing again at the turn. If you think he'd fold all hands with two undercards to the ten and most weak aces, I'd check-call the turn, check-fold the river.

Since he checked behind on the turn, I think you have a thin value bet on the river. I would think if his hand had no chance to win, he'd bet the turn or else his flop call makes no sense, so its likely he's got something he'd like to showdown. Whether to call a raise or not seems pretty close. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of hands you'd play in a similar fashion, so I am afraid of a bluff raise. I would call unless you screwplay the turn a decent amount with made hands.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's like a 1% chance he's bluffing on that board. So I think you should bet the turn, and possibly even the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say with one face card and a bunch of crap, this is a pretty excellent board to bluff at. Hero could be capping lightly pissed off at all the 3-bets with a hand like QJ and would certainly be in a tough spot with a hand like 77 or AJ facing a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, it totally depends on the opponent, but I doubt after you cap preflop that an opponent has the balls to raise a Kxx board. ESPECIALLY waiting for the turn to bluff would be insane, because pulling off the bluff costs 2.5x as much, and basically needs to work twice as often.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:47 PM

he is calling the flop with any 2 cards on principle.