BB ($97)
UTG ($305.40)
UTG+1 ($245)
MP1 ($194)
MP2 ($550.15)
CO ($141.35)
Hero ($629.15)
SB ($289)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, AK calls $2, BB checks.

Flop: ($9) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls $4.

Turn: ($17) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $21</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, MP2 calls $19.

River: ($97) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, MP2 calls $35.

Final Pot: $167

I think my min raise on the turn is horrible and that i probably could have stacked him off. Dreamscenario hits and i totaly junks it.....

Anyone think he will fold 2nd nuts here?

I am gonna blame it on the blood-sugar-crash i got some time before this pot and i shouldnt complain since i won a nice pot but it really feels like i missed collecting some $400 more.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero: Js 6s As Ks Qs flush, ace high
MP2: 8c 5s 9s Ts
Old 10-25-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Very deep stacks, flopped nuts with redraw, think i fakked up

Based on the fact that he didn't reraise you on the turn he may have folded if you came out guns blazing. I would have bet a little more than $2, probably going 1/2 the pot.

NH, BTW
Old 10-25-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the fact that he didn't reraise you on the turn he may have folded if you came out guns blazing. I would have bet a little more than $2, probably going 1/2 the pot.

NH, BTW

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i cant understand why i bet 2...... like i wrote my system wasnt running at 100%. Betting like 1/2 pot would also make him more pot commited if he would have potted it back.

TY TY [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 04:58 PM

nh.. To me, it looks like you extracted a pretty nice value for the hand. I do like the suggestion of making the initial "blocking bet" on the turn a bit closer to 1/3 to half the pot rather than a min bet.

I think he was making a crying call on the river and could have folded to a large bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:26 PM

Yeah, I would've bet more on the flop and turn also.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 PM

Nice hand.

I might make the flop bet a little bigger. But what are you trying to represent there? Will Villian call with just a FD?

Like you said the turn bet is a little small, I agree that a half-pot bet is good here, but puts you in an awkward position. If he check-raises you, and you three-bet you have shown immense strength and might loose him.

What line would stack him? I think just increasing the bet sizes would be the best way to squeaze a little more value out of him.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 AM

Pot the flop.
Pot the turn, if he raises, repot.
Pot the river.

Thus endeth the lesson.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

I might make the flop bet a little bigger. But what are you trying to represent there? Will Villian call with just a FD?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ive been using my position aggresivly and was hoping that someone was planning on checkraising me, i would then repot it. By betting 45% of the pot i still give the incorrect odds for a flush to draw but it is still "cheap". But if you consider implied odds i could safely pot it.

[ QUOTE ]
Like you said the turn bet is a little small, I agree that a half-pot bet is good here, but puts you in an awkward position. If he check-raises you, and you three-bet you have shown immense strength and might loose him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, good point. Cant think of the best way to play the hand if i bet 1/2 bot and he pots it. That would make the pot $76 (19+9.5 +9.5+38). Would he call a $114 reraise?

[ QUOTE ]
What line would stack him? I think just increasing the bet sizes would be the best way to squeaze a little more value out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, he probably wouldnt have gone broke with the 2nd nuts anyway so milking him some more would probably have been the best play.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot the flop.
Pot the river.

Thus endeth the lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that would have worked it would have been great but i think i would taken it down on the flop, winning a nice $9 pot.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot the flop.
Pot the river.

Thus endeth the lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that would have worked it would have been great but i think i would taken it down on the flop, winning a nice $9 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ.
Villain here called your bet on the flop, drawing to a non nut flush on a str8 board. Not only was it a non-nut flush, but he was drawing to the 3rd nut flush, yet he still called you.

On the turn, you effectively turned your hand face up (What else bets 2, then minraises a check-raise?), yet villain still check-raised you, and still called your minraise. On the river, he can only beat a worse flush, and you have basically told him that you have the nuts, and he STILL calls a value bet.

Why do you assume that villain would not call pot on the flop, then check-raise pot you on the turn, and go to the felt with his 2nd nut hand here?

Even if he calls pot on all streets, you do better than you did.

If villain is as good as you believe, then he folds when you raise the turn.