Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: A situation I hate

[ QUOTE ]
If you lose this hand you certainly will be dead, if you win it, your odds of cashing don't increase all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon dude, forget how often you cash or not, your equity goes waaaaaaaaaay up if you call and win the hand.

I call here. The guy called your raise, how many hands could he have that contain a ten? On the other hand he's a zillion hands he could have to make this play that don't contain a ten. I just think folding is too paranoid especially since only 2 players saw the flop, this is the 55 level after all and my guess is that villain has a ten less than 25% of the time.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: A situation I hate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call, you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], most people don't play a ten that fast (smaller checkraise, check call check raise turn etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

While I think I also might call (it's quite close IMO), I think the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes a better case for folding than it does calling, because it eliminates a significant portion of the villain's semi-bluffing hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. But only very slightly. And for those semi-bluffing hands that are still there, this gives you a re-draw. I think I'd call too, but I just started playing the $55s. I definately call in the $33s and lower. But I think having the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] helps more than it hurts.