Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: jennicide returns!!

[ QUOTE ]
Been watching the Stars 100/200. Without seeing all the sessions, TheCount seems to have her number in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..I kept trying to wait him out until he started to "cool down." The guy definitely is having an amazing run. I couldn't beat him at times with a set.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Someone suggested once he is Barry Greenstein but I really don't think so. Anyone know who this guy is. Never seems to lose at the Stars 100/200.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone suggested once he is Barry Greenstein but I really don't think so. Anyone know who this guy is. Never seems to lose at the Stars 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, there is no way it's barry. Unless barry isn't very good at limit holdem. Cause I don't think thecount is very good.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCount is one of the more famous internet poker players on the planet, most notably for his HU play and contributions to the University of Alberta's (might be wrong but it was some Canadian university) HU bot.

As for his actual poker game, I've seen him do a lot of weird unorthodox things lately. I have no idea if he's winning but I cannot imagine a lot of his moves are +EV (preflop in particular in 5+ handed settings). He plays postflop very well, is a good hand reader, and generally plays more passive (esp out of position) than most people at 100/200.

His name is Gautam Rao and this is a picture of him:

If you wanna know more about him for some odd reason you can PM skp and he might be willing to tell you more; I'm pretty sure I recall skp saying he's played with thecount live and thecount always did very well in their games.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 PM

Ah yes - that's what I read a while back bout him. I think the Greenstein thing was speculation on a similar name. He seems to be crushing the 100/200 lately.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes - that's what I read a while back bout him. I think the Greenstein thing was speculation on a similar name. He seems to be crushing the 100/200 lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's the similar name thing, a while back someone on rgp posted that barryg looked like count chocula.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCount is one of the more famous internet poker players on the planet, most notably for his HU play and contributions to the University of Alberta's (might be wrong but it was some Canadian university) HU bot.

As for his actual poker game, I've seen him do a lot of weird unorthodox things lately. I have no idea if he's winning but I cannot imagine a lot of his moves are +EV (preflop in particular in 5+ handed settings). He plays postflop very well, is a good hand reader, and generally plays more passive (esp out of position) than most people at 100/200.

His name is Gautam Rao and this is a picture of him:

If you wanna know more about him for some odd reason you can PM skp and he might be willing to tell you more; I'm pretty sure I recall skp saying he's played with thecount live and thecount always did very well in their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a radio interview with him....some say he has won the most money online of any player going back to the Planet Poker days when internet poker was just starting up. Just follow the link and click on Part 2 midway down.

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/Press/cbc1.html
Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, there is no way it's barry. Unless barry isn't very good at limit holdem. Cause I don't think thecount is very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't even believe this is an ISSUE.

there is a 0% chance thecount=barry

-Barron
Old 08-11-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I'll respond to Augie cause he's a good 2+2'er.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a sex chair waiting for you.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable driving an hour or so with someone I didn't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the walls....come tumblin down

hahahaha sucker