Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Heads-Up SNGs and Pacific

Over the last month I started playing only the Heads-up SNGs on Pacific Poker. I have played both the $10 and $30 buy in. For the first 3 weeks everything was going great. The poor players at Pacific were losing to me consistently and soon I found that I had won a little over $2300. And then a tidal wave of bad beats and great cards for the other players took over. I know that bad beats are out there but they are not suppose to be to the extent that I have suffered them. Today i have lost a total of 8 games...and of those 8...6 were to bad beats where i was at a big advantage...at least 65% to win on everyone of them. I never believed for a second that websites were rigged but now i start to wonder after a week of getting my head bashed in. All of the sudden it's as if the site is doing it's best to even things out. So i'm wondering...are there any other players out there that play Heads-up on a consistent basis...and if there is....what other sites would you recommend playing to maximize my profits. During the first 3 weeks I was winning about 75% of my games...that is now barely over 50% the last week... I need some serious help!

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Heads-Up SNGs and Pacific

Same thing happens to me every time I play them. Variance is huge in these, and ROI is not that great. You need to win 70% of them to get a 30% ROI for a 5% vig (20+1). Itis said that the best player is only a 2:1 favorite over the worst, so if you figure you win 60% of them - that is a 14.7% ROI (drops to 9% with a 10% vig). Heads-up SnGs are just for ego gratification IMO.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:06 PM

I'm really not playing it for my ego...in fact I really dislike playing heads-ups...i just happen to be fairly good at them...at least until the last week.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 PM

My point was, even if you are "very good at them" you will not profit much from them.

The fact that the tables have turned is expected.

Don't expect to win 80% of them.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:04 AM

I no longer play at pacific after I won 6800 and then went on a huge losing streak were I have win win rate with sets of less than 20%. I could no longer win. I would always be rivered after stacking the pot and got sick of it. I truely thing that after you become a winning player there they stack the cards to beat you. Flame me if you will but I now cannot win there. I have the hand history to prove it and ohhhh by the way notice how the flops are always a straight draw flush draw along with your trips? THere is also a lot of team play at the 5-10 sh and up.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I no longer play at pacific after I won 6800 and then went on a huge losing streak were I have win win rate with sets of less than 20%. I could no longer win. I would always be rivered after stacking the pot and got sick of it. I truely thing that after you become a winning player there they stack the cards to beat you. Flame me if you will but I now cannot win there. I have the hand history to prove it and ohhhh by the way notice how the flops are always a straight draw flush draw along with your trips? THere is also a lot of team play at the 5-10 sh and up.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I were you, I would stop playing poker. Seriously. Before you hurt yourself.