Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Colorado Poker

Torrington WY. 3 months good money easy work. 4 days off in a row. hmmmmmmmmmmmm life is good
Old 06-28-2005, 03:51 AM

Blackhawk isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If you know what you are doing you can easily be a winning player there. Trust me....I know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Colorado Poker classic

[ QUOTE ]
Five-time Poker Champ, David Chiu, can attest to that. "It's a world-class room, dealing poker the way it should be," he says.

Frequent bad beats

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:44 PM

Realize that all these people saying "2/5" actually mean 2-5, as in 2-5 spread limit.

To Radek, if you're coming up I-25, you'll probably want to go to Cripple Creek instead of Blackhawk/Central City if you must play live in CO. I've never been there and I don't know exactly how far off I-25 it is, but I'm sure it's closer than Blackhawk. It's closer to Colorado Springs than Denver. I can't comment on where to play there.

If you end up in Blackhawk or Central City, I'd recommend either Mountain High or Colorado Central Station. Fortune Valley in Central City is alright and I can't stand The Lodge. The Gilpin is a good place, but I've only been there twice a little after they opened, so it wasn't really going yet - I don't know how well it's running now. They're the only place in town that spreads a true limit game - it's 2/4. Personally, I'd rather play 2-5 than 2/4.

If you end up playing in the 5/5 game at The Lodge, be aware that it's effectively a 30/30 game, as it's pretty much capped multiway nearly every hand. Also, there are rumors of some teams working there.

The game definitely can be beat, but it's not exactly the kind of poker you want to be playing (unless you just want to go donk it up). I still have yet to make it up to Deadwood, but if you're going up that way anyway, I'd be inclinded to just skip CO and go there if I were you.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:20 AM

I am going to WY to work. ~160 miles from Deadwood. So thats where I will make the day off jaunts to. I figure I can play up the I-25.

Figure I am going to hit Sandia in NM. Then criple creek then Blackhawk. Just how I figure its going to work.

BTW thanks for the info.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to WY to work. ~160 miles from Deadwood. So thats where I will make the day off jaunts to. I figure I can play up the I-25.

Figure I am going to hit Sandia in NM. Then criple creek then Blackhawk. Just how I figure its going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cripple Creek is a bit off of the beaten path as far as I-25 goes (compared to Black Hawk). It's maybe 1.5 hours off of the highway (??), but it's been a long while since I did the trip. Cripple Creek is certainly a cool place to vist in it the summer. Very cool actually. Nice country.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cripple Creek is a bit off of the beaten path as far as I-25 goes (compared to Black Hawk). It's maybe 1.5 hours off of the highway (??), but it's been a long while since I did the trip. Cripple Creek is certainly a cool place to vist in it the summer. Very cool actually. Nice country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I've never gone there myself, but Mapquest says 45 miles and 69 minutes from Colorado Springs. I don't know if there's another better way to get there, but I guess that puts it right about the same distance as I-25 to Blackhawk.