Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Am I playing right with this set on a one suit board?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

I thought the preflop call was ok here - 2 cold callers and I am in late position and would probably get at least the bb to call if not one more.

I thought it was ok to cap this flop since I am punishing the flush draws and even if I am up against one I have 7 turn outs and 10 river outs so I am making money by capping the flop.

On the turn I bet to make flush draws pay. When I'm raised I assume the button probably has the flush. I call and my plan is to check/call the river but it's checked through.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Am I playing right with this set on a one suit board?

bet the river.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Preflop call is fine SSHE says it is ok to call with just 2 cold callers. there is really only 3 lines I see here.

1 YOur line (which is how i would have played it)
2. call the 3 bet and lead the Turn
3. call the 3 bet and checkraise the turn

The turn is interesting becasue after he raises I also have to put him on a flush. Sure 33 and 22 is possible but not likely.

The river sucks. If he bets are you folding?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:06 AM

I dont really like this idea. The villain has shown way to much strength. Even if he has a baby flush I do not think he is folding often enouhg to make this profitable.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:57 AM

and we're not putting the villain on a flush because of the 3-bet i'm assuming?

i don't know why we would want to bet the river. even if he was aggressive on his flush draw he just got it on the river. with trips i want to call 1 river bet, not 2. he's not folding, so i think i'm fine with checking the river.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM

You played this fine on all streets. I don't bet the river either, and you definitely do not want to adopt any line that has you check-raising the turn.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:48 AM

Thats some aggro.

I hate betting the turn here, I'd almost go for the check-raise to settle him down. If he keeps going, I'd consider dropping the hand.

A read is always nice too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate betting the turn here, I'd almost go for the check-raise to settle him down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Your equity is huge here, and giving a free turn card would be a disaster. Button could be pushing a A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with another overcard or similar on the flop. I think Hero played the turn fine.

[ QUOTE ]
If he keeps going, I'd consider dropping the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you can fold this turn, given your boat outs.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:57 AM

I think the way the buttons behaving, hes going to pop us if we check.

In theory you're right top, but going by a read I think we can punish him with a check-raise.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 AM

Preflop call looks ok because of the couple cold callers in between you and raiser. I LOVE the flop play, because you gotta stay aggressive and push you pot equity edge here, especially with MP3 in this pot. Also, some might slow down on flop (some because of the scary board and some because they're slowplaying) but slowdowing here I think is NOT optimal strategy. Looks like you played the turn and river well too, I hope you were still planning on calling a river bet even though another heart fell because there's 15.75 BB's in there.