Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Horrific Hollywood Park ruling

I know this is my second floor ruling post of the weekend, but whereas the AK vs. "flush" one was more just a curiosity (I wasn't upset with the floor, just asking what was going on), this one I knew I got shafted.

There are 4 players on the flop and I'm first to act. I check, 2 more guys check, and the button looks around sort of dumbly and makes sure it's on him, sweeping his hand at the other players in an incoherent gesture, then bets.

Dealer then turns to me. I think for a moment, and decide that although I'd like to see a turn card, there's a good chance of a LAGgy guy in MP checkraising the button's bet (button was a preflop raiser), and I may not have the odds to peel here. So I fold.

After my cards are in the muck, the LAGgy guy in MP decides to object to the bet in the first place. He stops the action and tells the dealer that the button pointed and waved his hand, which indicates a "check" and thus shouldn't be allowed to bet. The dealer thinks this is reasonable and says, "Okay, sir, you checked so take your bet back."

Well this pisses me off. A free turn card and I'm already in the muck? I call the floorman over. First of all, the guy wasn't checking, he was just being a dumba$s and making sure he could bet. But even if he was checking, THERE WAS ACTION AFTER HE BET, i.e. my fold. That goddam bet belongs in the pot, doesn't it?

I protested to the floor that I acted on the button's bet, which was not objected to by the dealer or any player when I made my decision to fold, and if the ruling is a check, then I need my cards back. If my hand is dead, then I want that bet in the pot. Floorman says "sorry" and declares that a player pointing and waving means he is checking, and can't bet after that.

Argh.