Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 04:53 AM

Default 2/4 KK from button... I\'m a pansy

It's friday night, CO's been playing some strange hands but is far from the worst at the table (not saying much). Postflop he doesn't usually try anything too fancy, nothing tricky from what I've seen. SB is terrible, calling down with most anything, and never betting without a very strong holding.

PF and flop are obvious. On the flop, I thought CO was betting a Q. I've seen SB call down with everything in similar situations down to T high, so there's no use looking at him unless he bets.

On the turn, how often am I beat against this stop and go from a normal Friday night player? Like I said, I had put him on a Q, not a 7, but I didn't think it was unreasonable for him to have bet a 7 on the flop. Maybe this is read-dependent and I'm asking unreasonable questions, but on the other hand I may have my head up my ass and this may be a clear raise against almost anyone. Thanks in advance!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 03-19-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK from button... I\'m a pansy

I think since the SB is still in there and will call a bet on every street with pretty much anything, just calling the turn bet is best. You'll collect the same number of bets on the turn and 1 extra on the river (assuming the sb would have folded to 2 cold on the turn). I think you're probably still ahead here, but your hand need much protection and you gain about 1 bb by just calling.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK from button... I\'m a pansy

Ah, I hadn't thought of it that way, you're right. The SB may fold if I raise, and if he does I'm losing more when I'm behind and gaining the same amount when I'm not as I would if I just call and let the SB come along. Chances for SB to hit a winning hand here are likely very small, after all.