Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Higher ROI with better structure?

Over the past month or so I have played about 225 10+1s and 20+2s at PR and have had an ROI of about 40%. I know 225 is a tiny sample size and I understand that I have been running good, but not that good. I feel that a 30% ROI is very realistic in even the 20+2s on a web site with the non-party structure. I am basically woundering if I am a totally retarded to have this notion of an achievable 30% ROI or is this close to being correct? I am basing this idea on that there the structure on other web sites leaves a lot more room to manuver, and therefor favors skilled players. I am going to assume most people here play party but I would like to hear from other people who have played on other websites. Does the structure really make that big of a difference or am I dilusional and I am running better than I think?

Edit, Up until about two days the structure of PR was 1500 to start and the levels increased every 10 hands. Now you start with 1500 and the levels increase every 8 minutes. My post goes for all websites with better structures though, ie PS where you start with 1500 and have 12 minute levels.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Higher ROI with better structure?

How is anyone supposed to answer this without knowing what structure you're talking about?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is anyone supposed to answer this without knowing what structure you're talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, PokerRoom is 1500 chips with a similar blind structure to PP, with timed blinds that I think end up slightly slower than PP. Tourneys take a long time.

The OP's point is old news, but I don't know that stats have been collected. Probably not enough slow-structure STT players here to get a reliable sample.

Thats something that doesnt get talked about often but I think undeniably your ROI will go up. Imagine if everyone started with 10000 chips and the blinds went up every hour. A vastly superior player at a lower level would have an enormous ROI. Anything trending in this direction should have an analogous though less pronounced impact.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hes right but i think i know what you are trying to say. i have played on party poker, ultimate bet, and finally and am still playing on poker stars. i feel that the best payout, eventhough i really hadnt played ub or pp enough, that ps has the best to offer in terms of payout and opportunities for higher roi because of starting chip counts, blind structure, and of course players. dont know if that helps but there ya go! whammy!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 PM

I missed the mention of PR in the OP. I thought he was talking about some weird, obscure structure that would yield higher ROI.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A vastly superior player at a lower level would have an enormous ROI. Anything trending in this direction should have an analogous though less pronounced impact.

[/ QUOTE ]
i like the cut of your jib.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 AM

You may have a higher ROI, but these games take longer. How do you think this structure will affect your $/hr?

ICMoney