Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: 30/60 hand vs solid 2+2er, did I extract the max?

[ QUOTE ]
Come on Pete, you know you are going to get flamed for posting this so why bother?

And yes you maxed it out.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?, actually I was being serious. UTG+1 was really tight so his cap preflop with 2 people in suggests to me he could only have AA.
I guess I'm second guessing if it really mattered that I let the hand go heads up or if I should have just play it harder on the flop.

I'm also unsure about my turn play. If I cap the flop I was pretty sure that UTG+1 would come out firing again on the turn. By me just calling his 3 bet on the flop and then raising the turn looks pretty much suspicious.

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be stupid. I was actually serious. Playing 30/60 I'm always looking to squeeze out that extra bet. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much while I'm playing.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:16 AM

Tough hand, but you played it well.

I always have a difficult time when I flop Quads.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:29 AM

cap pf

cap flop

that should do'er
Old 05-14-2005, 11:03 AM

you have to time your flop call so that the random number generator gives him the ace on the turn in order to maximize your winnings. otherwise you played it okay.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to time your flop call so that the random number generator gives him the ace on the turn in order to maximize your winnings. otherwise you played it okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you have to time it to make sure the last one doesn't fall on the river
Old 05-14-2005, 01:02 PM

I'm sure someone has said this before. But maximizing your play when you flop quads is totally irrelavent. How often does that happen? you should be focusing on the marginal hands.. thats where the money is made.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be stupid. I was actually serious. Playing 30/60 I'm always looking to squeeze out that extra bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]

huh?, actually I was being serious. UTG+1 was really tight so his cap preflop with 2 people in suggests to me he could only have AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is also possible of course.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm second guessing if it really mattered that I let the hand go heads up or if I should have just play it harder on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really depends on what the 2+2'er puts you on which most likely would be 77-AA, AK or AQ.

AJ is a slight possibility, but if he knows you are a 2+2'er as well, that will easily be off the list of hands.

I like the flop raise because it clearly says to him I have QQ,KK,AA and the pot is big enough and I don't need to slowplay it.

The call you make when it's 3-bet back to you is a good one because it will pretty much force him to bet the turn or if he really likes to get fancy, check-raise the turn with his overpair which I've seen a lot of good players do on boards like this.

If you opponent had a post-flop LAG tendencies to overplay their overpairs, then I would definitely cap the flop as chances are your opponent would bet the turn giving you great opportunity to raise. But if they are tight and somewhat passive, this play won't work as well so you might miss out on $30.

Lawrence
Old 05-14-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont post nonsense like this, this hand played itself

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this hand does not play itself. Played incorrectly, you will miss out on 1-2 BB.

Lawrence
Old 05-14-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont post nonsense like this, this hand played itself

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what's funny, if Clark, Dynasty, Gabe, James, JA, Tommy posted this hand the responses would be very different..

Sure enough this hand is no marginal hand by far when that flop comes, but the key is still to maximize its worth.

Lawrence
Old 05-14-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You know what's funny, if Clark, Dynasty, Gabe, James, JA, Tommy posted this hand the responses would be very different..

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that none of those people are responding to this post shows how important it is strategically (sp?)