Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:15 AM

Default AK

Looking for comments on all streets.

Opponent is a little too loose and a little too aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: AK

Looks good to me. Sometimes I 3bet the flop, sometimes I c/r the turn. If villian is LAGy I c/r more often.

River bet is pretty routine here. Hes made it clear he wants to showdown so no point in trying to induce a bluff. Youve shown him you mean business and you didnt describe him as particularily tricky so I think a bet/fold line is fine.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: AK

I'll usually 3-bet the flop. The problem with waiting for the turn to check raise is if another diamond or face card comes up you'll have some harder decisions to make. It's a line I usually save for my stronger hands.

Given the fact that you just called the flop, the check raise on the turn is good. The river card sucks but there's no reason to believe you're beat yet and I think that's a pretty easy bet. I'd also probably call a raise, but expecting to lose most of the time.