Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Heisman Trophy

[ QUOTE ]

I still think thats a factor - previous winners won't want to create a two-time heisman winner, whether or not its never happened or has only happened once.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a really interesting read lately on ESPN Insider discussing the flawed Heisman voting. I dug around and couldn't find the link though. To sum it up, writer was a Heisman voter and indicated in past he has seen the guy he voted for maybe once on TV, and for sure he knows of many guys who have votes who barely watch college football. Bush already was hyped up, and it's very possible that once highlights of Fresno game aired ppl just mailed in their vote on the spot. Seems for him to lose it would go down as one of the most controversial Heisman votes,ever.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Vince Young a pretty good value here, if the East Coast voters split the USC guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a factor around midseason, but as others have pointed out, Bush is now way ahead among the USC contingent. Even Leinart has said he's voting for Bush.

FWIW, Christine Brennan had a column yesterday that makes a case for Drew Olson still having a shot. Ridiculous, but kind of amusing (I especially like the completely ignorant "pulls a Flutie" comparison).
Old 12-03-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got Bush at +108 on Pinnacle about a month ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 12-03-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant find the offer on intertops anymore. WSEX offers Bush at -1566 and Young at +1328.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow. I got Bush at +108 on Pinnacle about a month ago. Now there's a swing. 500 and some all purpose yards in one game will do that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for the middle!