Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Any LHE or NLHE books on short handed play?

???

Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Any LHE or NLHE books on short handed play?

There are a handful of books that have sections on short-handed play. To the best of my knowledge, there is yet to be a definitive book written on the subject. however, i'm sure it won't be long before you have a few to choose from.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:06 AM

Do a search. This question has been asked once in the last week. HOH2 has some for NLHE tournaments and there is some in other books.

Any good adavanced book is helpful. A lot of the moves they give that in a full ring games only work against strong pros in big games work short handed. I recommend the "for advanced players" series, all chapters of "Super System" in this respect.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 AM

There are a few books that contain a small amount of short handed info but no book on ONLY short handed. The following has information on short handed play:

Weighing the Odds in Hold' Em Poker - Some good information albeit short.

Hold' Em Poker For Advanced Players - About 30 pages on the subject.

How Good is Your Limit Hold' Em - A couple of the hand examples are from short handed play

Inside the Poker Mind, Poker Essays, and Middle Limit Hold' em all have little bits of short handed (only about 3-5 pages though)

Like the other responders said it will only be a matter of time before a pure short handed book comes out but for now these are your best bets as far as books go. I for one dont really want a 6-max book out because the level of play there is so bad and I really dont want the fish learning how to play correctly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 12:55 AM

as somewhat mentioned king yao (weighing the odds) has good shorthanded stuff... obscure book but matt maroon too.

lots of good stuff online.