Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:36 PM

Default I plead retardededness...mostly

Short answer. You're right. I'm retardedededed. I didn't read carefully before responding I like the call for only 360ish more.

Long answer: why come to a forum and ask "was this a good call" and then tell the 2 guys (durron and me)with different opinions (perhaps lay it down preflop) that their opinion is wrong? KJ is called a trap hand becuase you find yourself in these types of situations where you have TPGK and you think your ahead, then when you get played back at & you regret it. If you do want to make the preflop call (I do about 1/2 the time,)you will likely need to flop something MUCH bigger than TPGK. Against this many people you just usually need more. Now..If you already think you are right why ask at all? Why insult someone who took the time to offer their opinion after you asked for it. Granted my 2 part opinion was 1 part wrong,but if you want others to help you with much trickier problems than this,you really shoudn't flame them. Now if you can't resist, then you SHOULD leave the forum. Good luck at the tables.I mean that sincerely.

SAM

P.S. the main point of my original post is that I find that far to often when someone gets busted out of a tournament they say "but I had awesome pot odds". second only to "it was soooted!"
Old 07-25-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: I plead retardededness...mostly

was this post directed at me? I did not even respond to your post.. why are you telling me that im insulting you?
also, my question was about the call on the end.. not the call pre flop..

why would you come and flame me for flaming you when a) i didnt and b) you are complaining about being flamed..
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why would i fold pf with KJ in the BB getting 7-1?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
KJ is called a trap hand becuase you find yourself in these types of situations where you have TPGK and you think your ahead, then when you get played back at & you regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't you? well ok if you say so and oh by the way. Yes your question was about a pot odds call ( i agree you should make it..now) But when someone (including Durron a WELL respected poster) suggests that you maybe should have layed it down preflop and you snub the answer, it shows you don't understand. For what it's worth I was trying to help. and Further for what it's worth... You're welcome. Class is something you CAN learn but it may require humility and desire. Again sincerely Good Luck at the tables.

SAM
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: did i make a stupid call here? huge odds..

You played PF fine...flop bet is in order.

If everyone turned their cards face up, there are only three hands here that you wouldn't call...33, 55, and JJ. Everything else you're calling getting better than 7:1. With the draw out there and this being an 11, I have to think at LEAST one of these guys has spades. My guess is that the other probably has a QJ or a slowplayed QQ, KK, or AA. You're getting the odds, you're committed to the pot, you make the call -- if you're behind you have ample odds to suckout. Do it every time.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM

that was a reply to tigerite not you or duron but it applies to both of you, and i wasnt being snobby at all, jesus stop crying. you still havent answered the question, why would i fold kj getting 7-1 when no one has shown any strength? im not being condescending here, this is your chance, plead your case. i never said i was 100% correct in any way during this whole discussion.
but after your last 2 ridiculous responses i have decided that in fact i do not want your opinions any more so you can kindly stop replying to my posts..
maybe when you grow up ill give you another chance
good luck to you sir
Old 07-25-2005, 08:41 PM

I also stated I made a mistake and thought you had limped KJo UTG. It is fine to call it from the SB, of course. I would have taken a different line on the flop and played it with caution but that's just me.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: did i make a stupid call here? huge odds..

PF was perfectly fine, from what I can tell. Like everyone else has said, you're getting 7:1 here--you gotta make this.

Me, however? After seeing two pushes following a bet of almost 3BB (at lvl 5 anyway), I would fold. It would be a tough laydown, but seeing BB push after push would be enough to scare me off. Nevertheless, I can see why you'd call both pushes.

Congrats on the win.