Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rake exists: How many longrun winners now?
51+% 2 1.26%
41-50% 1 0.63%
31-40% 12 7.55%
21-30% 23 14.47%
11-20% 59 37.11%
1-10% 62 38.99%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: The officail \"who needs school thread\"

If you are not ready for a formal education sitting there is just a waste of time.

Some exceptional people are so talented and gifted that they can realize their dreams without an education.

I would hate to get halfway through my life and realize that a formal education would have made a difference.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone keeps focusing on the money aspect of a colege degree.

what if i told you about a prince who left his castle and beautiful stomach dancers in search of truth?

each man must decide what he wants and seek it.

i am not in college cause i thought it woudl be cool to say that i was in cambodia shortly after high school graduation.

ps: youre going to die someday.

enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. Some go to school because it soots them. Some don't because to them it doesn't matter. The reason I posted this is for the people who think that if you don't have school you are a failure, or missing out, or plain just don't know any better. I focused on the money aspect because that's what most people associate going to school for. When in reality that is just not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I understand you. The others dont, because they are different. Alot of people took ZJ's post as: I can make more moeny without school. When he really meant: I can achieve my goals better without school.

Choke-Dee good luck in thai
Old 02-06-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you suggesting that I need school? If so please enlighten me as to the reasons I would need school, instead of a half assed comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put your clothes back on, J. I don't think she meant any offense. She was just pointing out the irony of the mispelling in your thread title. It was funny.

-2kF
Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 PM

Getting an education isn't going to hurt and sure as hell could help. If you have the brains and the finances to go to college, you should go. You can try and justify not going all you want but you're never going to convince yourself. Convincing yourself that you're not a loser, isn't that what your post/thread is all about? Sorry, I'm not going to tell you everything will be ok.

"Everybody dies. Enjoy it." Pretty stupid mantra if you ask me.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 AM

I've already convinced myself and my life is going to be just fine. Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Who the eff is saying you have to school at age 20? Seriously, it's not an irrevocable decision to drop out.

-Michael
Old 02-07-2005, 12:33 AM

What is the title of the thread? Is it, "Should I take a year off school to travel in Europe?" No, it's not.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:35 AM

Ok, fine, then why did you post this thread to begin with if you have no doubts?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:43 AM

If you are truly convinced you learn better on our own, than you do at school than you either are taking the wrong classes or you aren't cut out for schooling. Just reading things on your own and learning them yourself has a nasty habit of giving you some general principles but leaving you lacking any true mastery of the subject. Than you end up thinking you know more than you do if you aren't required to put your knew knowledge to use (although this certainly isn't always the case). I learned much more from my professors and their lectures than I ever did from reading my textbooks, and I did in fact do a lot of reading.

I think the bigger problem is taking classes where mastering a subject isn't truly getting you anywhere. In my case I had to master subjects in college in order to build the type of academic resume required to move on to my next goal. If you don't have a goal in mind and you can't see how mastering a subject is going to help you accomplish anything you want, than motivation is inevitably going to be a problem.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, fine, then why did you post this thread to begin with if you have no doubts?

[/ QUOTE ]

To enlighten, to see where my views stand against others, to gain knowledge and information. To put a number on success and education. In no way was it a way of convincing myself.