Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 06:51 PM

Default clearing the full tilt bonus

any tips for speeding this up? i played about 2 hours of three table .10-.25 NL and made just over 6 bucks in bonus cred. this is too slow, as i don't have time to clear it at this rate before it expires. (600 in bonus, at 3/hr, 200 hours before feb 17. I have probably 60 hours available)

do limit games clear it faster? (because of the no-flop-no-rake policy)
maybe some PLO, i'm decent at that too.

i could play bigger games, but i don't like multitabling at .25-.50 or higher (yet)

anything? or am i just going to have to let some of it go?
also, is this the right place for this post? i'm still getting the hang of this place.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Re: clearing the full tilt bonus

[ QUOTE ]
any tips for speeding this up? i played about 2 hours of three table .10-.25 NL and made just over 6 bucks in bonus cred. this is too slow, as i don't have time to clear it at this rate before it expires. (600 in bonus, at 3/hr, 200 hours before feb 17. I have probably 60 hours available)

i could play bigger games, but i don't like multitabling at .25-.50 or higher (yet)

also, is this the right place for this post? i'm still getting the hang of this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Full Tilt bonus has been dubbed the worst bonus ever created in the history of mankind. It was truely created by either a Satan worshipping masochist or just a very clueless marketing director. Play somewhere besides Full Tilt! Full Tilt it is one of the worst sites to play at - in fact I really can't think of a more awful site than Full Tilt.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:18 PM

ditto! But, I love the picture on the email of the pro's walking down the street.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Full Tilt bonus has been dubbed the worst bonus ever created in the history of mankind. It was truely created by either a Satan worshipping masochist or just a very clueless marketing director. Play somewhere besides Full Tilt! Full Tilt it is one of the worst sites to play at - in fact I really can't think of a more awful site than Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Even with a $3 capped rake per hand, it would still take you .. lemme think.. a super ginormous number of years to complete the bonus.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ditto! But, I love the picture on the email of the pro's walking down the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the ads look good, and I even actually kind of like their software and setup. But man oh man Full Tilt is one God awful site. I wish they would of set it up right, it would of been a fun place to play if they had done things right.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the ads look good, and I even actually kind of like their software and setup. But man oh man Full Tilt is one God awful site. I wish they would of set it up right, it would of been a fun place to play if they had done things right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way about this site as well as JetSet.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:54 AM

I gave up on it. I played like forever and finally cleared $40. I lost $39 so I am a dollar ahead for the ordeal and just requested a complete cash out.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:20 PM

If they gave a good bonus and increased traffic it would be a good site. Although the avatars are annoying since so many people have the same ones. I particulary like the graphic hand history during game time of mucked showdown cards.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:43 PM

The best part about they keeping decal showing what cards you mucked is this:

Most fish will see "gee whiz! if I had just stayed with my 3-8o to the river I would have won!"

And then they stay in.

With 3-8o.

To the end.

Suckers.

jw
Old 11-19-2004, 01:05 PM

To answer the original question: you can move up to a higher limit or, as you suggested yourself, play some Omaha. Playing PL Omaha Hi/Lo at a certain limit will probably see you clearing the bonus a lot faster than playing FL of NL Hold’em at the same limit.

As for Full Tilt: the software generally runs smoothly and I like the idea of playing the pro’s (or rather: I like being a railbird as the pro’s play, no need to through my own money away).

However, I’ve never come closer to believing in the cash out curse than playing at Full tilt the last two months. Every time I cashed out my winnings, I almost immediately lost the rest of my bankroll. Then after re-depositing part of the money I’d pocketed, things would turn round for me. Probably just normal variance, and bad money management. However after the scenario played itself out for the fourth time, I decided to call it a day. There was only $ 10 in bonus left to clear anyway.

I walked away with a decent profit, and glad to get back to bonus-whoring Party Style (114 of 700 RELOADNOV hands already cleared). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]