Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: An interesting AJo UTG hand

[ QUOTE ]
It's MORE profitable when he calls down your pot-sized turn bet and also your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you bet $3 on turn and he calls, what do you do if he:
-checks the river (check behind or value bet?)
-leads river for less than $5 (call?)
-leads river for $5 or more (fold?)
Old 12-13-2005, 04:49 PM

What if he re-rasies me on the turn? What then?

I have no really reads except that he's a 10NL player, so he is as likely to re-raise me on the turn with a T or with air.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:50 PM

You think he'll call a pot sized bet on the turn with anything other than a T? He'll call a bet on the turn and on the river with anything other than a T? Somehow I doubt it.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TAG Hero

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a TAG raise AJ UTG?
Does a TAG check the turn when his Ace hits?

As played, you showed weakness in the end, and prob calling down a loser. To really tell where your at in this end, you have to be Aggressive on the flop and turn...then you can make your judgement on the river if the hand is still going, and he doesnt fold to your aggression.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:46 PM

Inflating a pot with TPGK against a calling station at 10NL isn't aggressive, it's just stupid.

What if I get re-raised on the turn? Then what? Drop the hand? At this level, I think villian is likely to do this with air or a T.

As for the pre-flop raise, please notice my comment about the tight-weak nature of the table. Note the raise did buy the button, which was critical for my stratagy in the hand.

I'd also like to say that many players in SSNL don't always raise with a T on the turn or even the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:51 PM

If he calls $3 on the turn, I am checking behind everytime. If he leads for $5 or less, I will call. For more, I'll most likely fold. But I avoided those descisions by check/calling.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:51 PM

You're WAAAY overthinking 10NL.

Problem 1. I never had much success CB'ing at 10NL. They just don't care. They don't think of it as a pot sized bet, they think of it as $1. It works against other decent people, but against the average donk, just not worth it.

OK. He calls the flop, that means absolutely nothing usually. He checks the turn. That means he probably doesn't have an ace, but you never know. Definitely bet turn they will call with any ace. Call river and I probably bet a decent amount if checked to.

Just have a VPIP <%30 in 10NL and value bet. They will pay you off.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:58 PM

I disagree about C-bets. I think you're right in pots with more than 1 person, but against lone villians I seem to have sucess.

As for overthinking, you may be right. Still, I'd like to maximize my profit against weak players so my transition to the upper limits isn't painful.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if I get re-raised on the turn? Then what? Drop the hand? At this level, I think villian is likely to do this with air or a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very silly. You've found that at 10NL your opponents employ delayed bluff raises? You're pulling my leg. I've played those games. Bet the turn. If raised, you fold. You said yourself that the game was very passive and now you want us to believe that a player very capable raising with air on the turn after flat-calling the flop. So capable of this move that you check behind?

[ QUOTE ]

As for the pre-flop raise, please notice my comment about the tight-weak nature of the table. Note the raise did buy the button, which was critical for my stratagy in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very dubious. Almost every hand you beat folds and almost every hand ahead of you calls. Yes, you bought position (that might have been gained simply by calling), but I think the price you paid is too high with AJo. I'd rather do this with trash than a medium Ace.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Results

He had something like 86o.

This has been an interesting discussion.