Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Hand for analysys

Raise/fold preflop the first time, call after raise was good, check-raise flop, I might be inclined to fire another bullet on the turn depending on reads/gut feeling
Old 04-22-2005, 01:55 AM

I really don't mind the call PF. You are holding a stack stealing hand. However, the flop brought no help. Check/fold and be done with it. I hate to keep applying limit lessons, but this is the only profitable way to play suited connectors. If you stick around every time you hit a pair (or worse, start betting every time you hit a pair) you're headed for the poor house in a hurry. You are only allowed to play these kinds of hands if you promise (yourself) that you won't try to get creative AF. PrimeTime, I play hands much worse than this all the time early in a tourney, but I know that I am playing poorly when I start betting them AF when the flop doesn't really hit me.

CSC
Old 04-22-2005, 02:21 AM

i don't get it at all. i fold preflop not once, but twice.
after that preflop debacle, i suppose you can dabble postflop, but once he calls your flop bet, i'm not putting any more chips out there.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:07 AM

I make a semi bluff blocking bet of 360 which accomplishes 2 things. It gives him another chance to fold if he's on a mid pair or AK and also gives me 4-1 to hit my flush if he just flat calls behind again.

If you brick the river, i think I bet another 450 hoping to see a showdown as cheap as possible but I think the river depends a lot on any read you may have on villain. Would he slow roll you with such a draw heavy board on the turn. If you just put him on a draw or AK then i may check/call giving him the chance to bluff the river as if you missed your draw.

FWIW I fold this PF out of position without thinking twice so I don't get myself into this mess when the flop partially hits me.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 AM

What can I say.
I had a brain fart, and lost my mind.