Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 01:12 PM

Default party and frozen funds

I made a deposit into party last night. Played for a few hours and then took a break. Tried to log-in again and my account is frozen. I called them up and they say the account is frozen because I made the deposit in France and my account info is a Canadian address. Now they want a copy of my passport. I was going to do it, but now I'm thinking wtf I'm not sending a copy of my passport, that is just insane (I might as well send my sin# while I'm at it).

Has anyone else had this happen and has it been a passport they had to send?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: party and frozen funds

you can probably talk them out of that, into just giving them a driver's license -- worked for me.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm sure they're just doing this for your protection. You wouldn't want some random person anywhere in the world depositing money into your account, would you?

Oh, wait.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure they're just doing this for your protection. You wouldn't want some random person anywhere in the world depositing money into your account, would you?

Oh, wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously , but I've already been in this country for four months, used the card extensively and had no problems. If there is a problem, they should not accept the dposit in the first place and should clearly take this up with the credit card company themselves and not me. any faxed or scanned copy sent through e-mail or fax can be forged to easily. Plus the fact that I have a Canadian passport is like gold and I don't feel like having the passport number floating around.

I would prefer to avoid, although slim, the chance that someone creates a new identity with my information and the possibility that I end up having two mortgages and owing money on merchandise I can't even enjoy.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Im sure partypoker has a side business of identity theft to go along with their millions they earn each year in rake.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sure partypoker has a side business of identity theft to go along with their millions they earn each year in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Genius.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, wait.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, no I wouldn't.

Stolen Party password + bogus credit card deposit + chip dumping = misery for me.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:14 PM

I would not given anyone a copy of my passport information for whatever reason. I've personally never run into any credit situation where this kind of information was requested. Usually credit information is confirmed via phone after the identity is confirmed - e.g. credit card companies.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:27 PM

either go the driver's license route.

or copy your passport but black-out the passport number.
you can even put a black mark across your eyes too.
just black out everything but your address if you want.

there's a reasonable chance party will accept this.

other option is to ask to speak with upper-management about it. Probably isn't worth the hassle...but you could try explaining that you have been living there for 4 months, can re-validate you e-mail address if you like..or whatever else...but that the Canadian govt (or local authorities or whatever) explicitly told you that it is against the law to fax a copy of your passport.

I think this sounds a little better than just saying 'you are uncomfortable with it.' Party makes stuff up all the time..why can't you?