Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of the time does the button have aces or AK?
<25% 3 17.65%
somewhere in the middle 9 52.94%
>75% 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: WMDs and Bush - Lie or mistake?

Voted lie, mainly but not entirely due to american weapons inspectors clearly stating before the invasion, in the english language, and in a manner which almost anyone who is not asleep when told could understand, that they did not exist.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM

Haven't read everything yet, so I don't know if this has been stated, but Bush said, and I quote: "We've found the weapons of mass destruction" to Polish television. I would say that amounts to a lie. Cheney also said there was "no doubt" that Iraq had wmd. Anyone that actually paid attention during the build up knows that there was some doubt. I know we'll never be able to convince those that still support Bush, but come on guys, at least admit that they were less than fully honest.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read everything yet, so I don't know if this has been stated, but Bush said, and I quote: "We've found the weapons of mass destruction" to Polish television. I would say that amounts to a lie. Cheney also said there was "no doubt" that Iraq had wmd. Anyone that actually paid attention during the build up knows that there was some doubt. I know we'll never be able to convince those that still support Bush, but come on guys, at least admit that they were less than fully honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I don't believe you (I do), but could you link to a reputable source with the quote "We've found the weapons of mass destruction"? That seems indefensible.

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I don't believe you (I do), but could you link to a reputable source with the quote "We've found the weapons of mass destruction"? That seems indefensible.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.whitehouse.gov/g8/interview5.html

May 29, 2003

Q But, still, those countries who didn't support the Iraqi Freedom operation use the same argument, weapons of mass destruction haven't been found. So what argument will you use now to justify this war?

THE PRESIDENT: We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:54 PM

LOL. I think he said REPUTABLE source [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. I think he said REPUTABLE source [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]