Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 AM

Default I\'ve got 10K hands of .25/.50 hold \'em on pokertracker & I want advice

Only I don't know what to post from it here. What do people normally do for this? Is there a way to extract those 10k hands into a separate database for you to upload yourselves and look at?

Sorry for being so uninformed.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: I\'ve got 10K hands of .25/.50 hold \'em on pokertracker & I want advice

I think most of the advice your going to get is "sample size too small" and "don't fret over the stat's, post hands.) And for the most part I believe it to be true. I'm in the same boat as you. (9700 hands of .25/.50 at stars). My win rate is knockin on 5bb/100 but only about 6000 hands ago was just barely .5bb/100 (during a serious downswing). My vpip is ~19, pfr ~6, wsd ~39, w$wsf ~30, w$sd ~52. The main thing I've gotten from my stats so far was to tighten up preflop and get more aggressive.

The best advice I've received, however, is from looking at hands posted here, deciding what I would do in that situation and then reading all the replies to see how close my solution was to those of the more experienced posters. I've also been rereading SSHE and after going thru the post flop quizzes have decided that I need to really bone up on my post flop play. Not that I've done bad so far flyin by the seat of my pants, but I don't really understand the concepts as well as I should.

Hang in there. And if you play at stars I think it's time you moved up a level. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: I\'ve got 10K hands of .25/.50 hold \'em on pokertracker & I want advice

I play at UB and I only make 2.64 BB/100 according to the stats, but I'm in the same boat with you as far as SSHE and changing things around post-flop. The 10K hands I have reflect a period of tremendous growth, so they might not be totally accurate anyway (3.62 BB/100 for the last 5600 hands I played in April, after a long break in which I read SSHE). When I first started I was a clueless NL addict.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:13 AM

Anyway, here are some of the stats from my general info page. I guess if you need to tighten up PF, so do I.

V$PIP: 23.68
PFR: 6.39
W$WSF: 30.35
WTSD: 31.5
W$@SD: 47.66
Post flop agg factor: 1.83
BB/100: 2.64
Old 04-28-2005, 04:18 AM

This needs to be a lot higher.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:21 AM

I started off about year and half ago w/$50 deposit. I made it last 6 or 7 months and then I not real sure what happened. I started playin sng's and $1 freeroll tourneys (didn't do too bad, placed pretty high in a couple freerolls) Played in the 3$ rebuys for $215 sunday tourneys and actually placed in 3 of them (unregistered and kept the T$). Don't really know what happened to all that money. Kind of went crazy. Jumped up to .50/1.00 level 6 max some and even tried some 1/2. Just didn't have a clue what I was doing. Well by December I was down $230 (tranferred a buddy $20 out of my various deposits) and was ready to give it up. That's when I found SSHE and these forums. Didn't play for almost a month (other than some play money) while I read SSHE and thought about my game. I don't know whether I've just been running real goot or if it's somewhat starting to sink in but I've finally made it back to breakeven and even am up some now. Woooohooooo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks forum.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
V$PIP: 23.68

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about where I was at when I started using PT. Took forever to get below 20 but been constant 19.1-19.3 last 1000 hands or so.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this other than the obvious. I try not to play stictly by the book like I did when I first started (post SSHE read) but based on player reads, game texture, etc. But my pfr ~6.5 just doesn't seem to go up. I keep thinking give it time like I did my vpip #s but it just doesn't seem to move at all.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this other than the obvious. I try not to play stictly by the book like I did when I first started (post SSHE read) but based on player reads, game texture, etc. But my pfr ~6.5 just doesn't seem to go up. I keep thinking give it time like I did my vpip #s but it just doesn't seem to move at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold em rewards aggression. Reread SSH starting hand charts. Must hands that are playable are raisable at low limit tables. Do you raise almost all hands that you were going to play if folded to you in late position? Do you look not only at the generic streagnth of your hand, but also at the streagnth of your hands compared to the potential holdings of others in the pot? AJo should be mucked against one type of opponent and 3 bet against another. Are you regonizing these situations? This will noticibally raise your PFR
Old 04-28-2005, 05:31 AM

Thanks for the reply

[ QUOTE ]
Reread SSH starting hand charts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise almost all hands that you were going to play if folded to you in late position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you look not only at the generic streagnth of your hand, but also at the streagnth of your hands compared to the potential holdings of others in the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] alright dammit, hardly ever. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
AJo should be mucked against one type of opponent and 3 bet against another. Are you regonizing these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. mostly. I'll do better.