Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: SnG Total winnings and ROI confidence intervals--Monte Carlo estimates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm interpreting it correctly, after 1000 SNGs, if your ROI is -0.011 , you are 95% confident that you are an above average player?

[/ QUOTE ]

In some sense the average player HAS to have a -9.09 ROI (from the rake). Assuming average means equal chance of going out 1st - 10th then yes -1.1% ROI is statistically significantly above -9.09% ROI for 1000 SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

When most people discuss ROI here, they include the rake. eg, Play 10 $10+1 and win $110 means 0% ROI. I think it makes sense to use this convention both in order to avoid misunderstandings like this and because you are investing that extra (rake) dollar.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: SnG Total winnings and ROI confidence intervals--Monte Carlo estimates

[ QUOTE ]
When most people discuss ROI here, they include the rake. eg, Play 10 $10+1 and win $110 means 0% ROI. I think it makes sense to use this convention both in order to avoid misunderstandings like this and because you are investing that extra (rake) dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I included the rake in the ROI calculations. That is why the average person is -9.09% ROI. Maybe I am missing something about convention?

Question: I have the data ready for the other ROI levels. Am I screwed if I don't have a webserver to host the images for the tables?!?

Pokerscott